Pork roll, egg, and cheese in Monmouth County (or elsewhere on the shore)?

I guess I’ll just leave this here, kudos to them!!

1 Like

@NotJrvedivici So, do you agree? I’ve honestly never had a pork roll sandwich from Bagel Masters.

Interesting question and perhaps the wrong thread for this article but their pork roll egg and cheese is very good. The best? Well that’s another discussion. Curiously I find it difficult to classify any Bagel Shop a “restaurant”, but that’s an argument to be had with the editor. It’s definitely my favorite bagel shop by far, and there is a lot of competition in the area.

2 Likes

just had one today actually. Def my fav in the area by far!

2 Likes

Since I recently posted on this thread PREC has been on my mind. Today on my Facebook page I saw this video on Slater’s. Having no tech knowledge on how to share the video I took a screenshot of the sandwich for your viewing pleasure. Personally this is way over the top, even for a carnivore such as myself. I remember 15 years ago, someone brought in a PREC from Slater’s that was on their sub roll, the sandwich was 5lbs and had a dozen eggs I think. It was shared by 4(?) of us at the time. I just finished digesting my piece 3 mos ago.

5 Likes

Should be called

PEC

4 Likes

Hope all is well with you and Mrs. Nova my friend. Please share our regards.

1 Like

Sliced too thick for my taste, thinner slices I tend to like more, more crispiness

2 Likes

This place?
Cool :sunglasses:

1 Like

Agreed. I prefer the sandwich at Johnny’s for that specific reason

I’m just going to leave this here…what we have is a grilled pork roll egg and cheese sandwich made on jalapeño cheddar bread. (compliments of Wegmans) Dipped in some ketchup mixed with sriracha and that was quite the delicious combination.

“It’s a Jersey thing”

10 Likes

Johnny’s. My favorite

4 Likes

I don’t understand the appeal. I went there once and there was nothing wrong with the bagels but they are more like a DD or Panera bagel aren’t they?

1 Like

Totally agree. They are actually pretty good for a sandwich since they are soft crusted but I am more a fan of Bagel Oven or even the place on the corner of maple and broad st (I think it’s Brooklyn hot bagels?) if I want a bagel and shmear

2 Likes

yeah I go to Bagel Oven.

2 Likes

Sometimes I leave out the egg…mmmmmmm. Gems Port Monmouth.

7 Likes

Made one myself today… Shoprite Tangy Pork Roll and Portuguese bun with egg and sharp cheddar. First and probably last time for the tangy.

7 Likes

Nothing hits like Johnny’s on Sunday morning

11 Likes

In memoriam on this date

7 Likes

How to make the co-workers envious.
Pork Roll and Cabot X-Sharp White Cheddar on Pao de Queijo (from Busy Bee in West Long Branch) made in office toaster oven.

8 Likes