What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

How many minutes each way? TIA

I have used the PC, but thought it was overkill for eggs. Steaming I do like.

I like my yolks extra runny, so I follow the 2-5-5 method.

• 2 minutes of high pressure cooking

• 5 minutes of pressure release

• 5 minutes in ice water

You may need to experiment a bit with your pressure cooker model, size of eggs, number of eggs, etc.

For reference purposes I have the model below:

1 Like

Thanks! When you say pressure release do you mean natural?

Yes, at least on my model, there’s a knob to turn to release the pressure. Once I turn the knob (to release the pressure) I let eggs sit in there for about 5 minutes (sometimes a bit less, like 4).

Ok, so that’s quick release I think - thanks for clarifying what you do!

Never wanted to try. I can’t boil eggs worth a damn. Secondly, I don’t do deep-frying at home.

This British food mag has instructions for scotch eggs (with photos and the eggs are not baked):

I really feel like Scotch Eggs are one of those dishes best left when eating at a restaurant.

Just like a Baked Alaska, or Beef Wellington, or a croquembouche.

2 Likes

I concur !!!

Harder to find though. I have seen them on menus in NYC. But NJ? Do tell.

Did you see the homemade Wellingtons over on WFD over the holidays? Amazing!

2 Likes

Très classe ! Comme toujours !!

1 Like

6 minute in boiling water will give your unbroken egg. My problem with S egg is more I didn’t want to deep fry, used oven and overcooked instead. The worse part of the whole story was H kept saying how he hated deep fried breadcrumb food.

My attempt:

1 Like

I’ve made 2 out of your list over Christmas, so 2 more to go. :rofl:

David Lebovitz, Bostock recipe.

Easy fix from leftover challah and a few pantry items. Didn’t have sliced almonds so I whirled a bunch using the pulse Fp setting.

8 Likes

And of course more broccoli

7 Likes

I saw this recipe on his IG and thought it was everything I love about an almond croissant…

My wife did too and txt me the recipe link while at work. She may not do all the meal prep but she knows a pantry/kitchen clean out recipe when she finds one. Between the almond paste, almond extract, Amaretto and raw almonds-any almond lover would enjoy these. I think sliced fresh strawberries are going to be added in the morning to add some freshness.

3 Likes

I’m not an almond extract fan, but I do love me some almond croissant filling - and marzipan!

1 Like

Ah marzipan, my great grandmother made holiday shapes when I was a kid. Still see small packages from time to time at markets here.

My wife and I really enjoy almond anything. Had a raspberry almond linzer tart that knocked me out last week.

2 Likes

4 Likes