What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Everything you do always looks so beautiful!!!

2 Likes

Thank you very much. My dear is a professional photographer and he enjoys shooting some of our home meals too.

i am a decent photographer however, my specialties are seascapes and architecture.

4 Likes

Thank you for the compliment …

Very kind of you. Have a lovely evening.

1 Like

Ha Ha.

Thank you for the compliment. I will tell my “Dear” that you liked his photograph.
He is a professional photographer and author …

Have a lovely evening.

The bakery pepares these breads with créme fraiche and herbs – and the 3 pastries above on the shelf are filled with seasonal seasoned vegetables … i did not make those either.

Just the plating for a brunch … Thank you and have a wonderful evening.

1 Like

Thanks, that was only the first dose. Easy peasy, no pain hopefully a lot of gain. So screwed up here. I was on the first list being 65+. My wife can’t get an appointment, yet we are letting people from other states to come on down and get in line

Back to cooking. Have a big pot of kale simmering in chicken stock with some turkey sausage. My version of Caldo Verde but certainly not for breakfast but you never know

4 Likes

I had Scotch eggs, left over from Burns night.

10 Likes

They look fantastic. Any tips on making them for a beginner?

1 Like

3 Likes

Don’t do it!!! lol

I was fascinated by these a few years ago and I tried to / did make them. For the effort that goes into it was a complete let down. Between the prep which is tedious to put it nicely to the cooking which most of mine came out like pictured, kind of well done without runny yolk, I was very disappointed. I wanted it to be nice and goey / oozy when I cut into them with the velvet like yolk to dip into, but I couldn’t figure out how to soft boil enough yet firm enough to be manhandled while you pack them in the sausage.

Mind you I am a bit Magilla Gorilla-ish so perhaps someone with a more delicate touch might have more success. After about a dozen failed attempts I hung up my home made scotch eggs aspirations.

I tried some “jammy” (hate the word) eggs this week, stopped at 6 minutes in boiling water, and then into cold water (no ice).

The yolk was runny. Assume for scotch eggs I’d peel and chill, then coat, maybe chill again, and fry? So maybe the runny becomes semi-runny? Or semi-solid?

A minute less and I’m not sure I could have peeled the eggs intact…

1 Like

Exactly, but when I tried to “under cook” them to keep them runny, they broke apart while trying to compact them in the sausage. I placed my sausage in a plastic bag and “gently” tried to back it around the egg, but the egg kept breaking thus ruining it and the sausage. My only success were with eggs that turned out as pictured, but that wasn’t what I was going for. Not saying there is anything wrong with it obviously just not what I was trying for.

You’ve made me curious now. Maybe I’ll try one or two next week.

The indian Nargisi Kofta doesn’t aspire to a wet yolk, btw - maybe you were just short a curry to drop yours into… :joy:

ETA I didn’t realize the origin is debated. NK is attributed to Persian origins, like many other muslim/Mughal indian dishes that came with conquerors and were then spiced up in India (biryani is the the best example of this - bearing little resemblance to the “original”.

1 Like

Lol, I can’t say I have seen them sold on many menus but I’d be willing to give it a try. I like how all the components taste. Maybe one day…

1 Like

Funny about 4 years ago (up thread) I found my post on my attempt. I guess I considered it a success because I got 1 out of a dozen eggs to come out to my satisfaction. (I guess I was boasting lol) Now 4 years removed from my dubious accomplishment my memories are of frustration.

I am a beginner, my first ever. I loosely followed this recipe making only two eggs. I also didn’t get the runny yolks I wanted. If I ever tried again I would simmer for 4 minutes and since my meat was thin I would only fry for 5, although I don’t know if the frying cooks the eggs more.
Ignore all the naysayers and give it a try.

1 Like

Didn’t mean to reply to myself.

I think in this time of quarantines we all talk to ourselves at some point in the day.

5 Likes

Thanks @BeefeaterRocks

The best way get runny yolks and firm whites is to steam your eggs, preferably in a pressure cooker.