What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Gorgeous!

What’s your favorite crepes recipe?

those crepes look wonderful!

this morning’s poached egg fail! half a warmed pita, zhoug, arugula, and salmon topped with an egg that deflated in the water. Still tasty.

5 Likes

Another 7am delivery from Davidovich Bakery this morning.
Brioche, marbled rye, sourdough, cinnamon babka, linzer tarts, spinach and feta pastry.
When you don’t feel like baking…or just doing research :wink:

8 Likes

Now I’m craving chocolate babka…

2 Likes

Those feta/spinach pastries with a scrambled egg last night were terrific.

@Saregama and @mariacarmen - thanks for the crepes compliment. We use the recipe out of The Joy of Cooking - it’s very easy, you just mix it up in the blender. We have 2 steel crepe pans we fire up, and they make the cooking easier, but I think you could have good results with a couple of shallow, non-stick Sauté pans. If you’d like the recipe, I’m happy to put it in my words and post. Just let me know, if so.

1 Like

How did I miss your crepes. Please share the recipe/notes.

Yes please, if you don’t mind! (I have crepe pans.)

You got it @Saregama, and @Rooster - will post tomorrow.

1 Like

Those fresh figs look divine …

1 Like

They are from my inlaws fig tree. My MIL passed from Covid complications and we have been pruning the fruit in her honor. She adored figs. Even fig martinis.

4 Likes

i made Hainanese chicken & rice last night, so today’s bfast was the chicken-fat rice & and an egg, with plenty of the ginger sauces… even better today, of course.

8 Likes

H’s BLT breakfast yesterday.

10 Likes

that looks more like an LBT - heavy on the L! I love the crunch of a lot of lettuce in a BLT. i never seem to get that ratio right.

1 Like

You’re right @mariacarmen, totally lettuce heavy. H keeps lecturing me to start liking raw tomatoes, but I just can’t, unfortunately. I think it’s one of those aversions due to genetics - like some folks hating cilantro. I WISH I liked them. I can eat pico de Gallo, and bruschetta, as long as the pieces are tiny. I did make a BLN this summer, which was delicious. N=nectarine.

2 Likes

What an innovation! That actually does sound wonderful!

This morning’s project was to modify a 7 Eleven biscuit to give it a bit more appeal.

I added a slice of Honey Ham, a slice of Sargento Provolone, and three Sandwich Pepperoni rounds–then nuked the whole for 25 seconds a side…

The pepperoni rounds might have been a bit over the top. But, I’ll not complain.

8 Likes

Looks much improved!

1 Like

we had take-out Lebanese food last night and the highlight was this beet dip with tahini, coriander, cilantro, and jalapeno. So good and fresh. Thus, bfast.

6 Likes