What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

All my most profound condolences. So sorry to hear.

I adore fresh figs … They are quite amazing with “chèvre” fresh goat cheese … Or just as a fruit !

Take care and so so sorry to hear …

1 Like

Is that salmon lox?

1 Like

it’s smoked salmon lox. the vendor at my FM makes a lemon pepper one, a chili-spiced one, and a dill one. they’re all great. plus trout.

3 Likes

Sunday breakfast served. Coffee brewed in the moka pot to go with.

The happy sight of a puffy Dutch pancake coming out of the oven never gets old for me.

11 Likes

Me too! Dutch dutch baby!

2 Likes

Smoked whitefish salad on sourdough toast with Meyer lemon and zest

8 Likes

Leftover turkey sandwich on white bread with stuffing, cranberry sauce and mayo. A good crunchy garlic dill pickle and can of V8. Maybe a piece of pie chaser…the best Thanksgiving has to offer is the leftovers.

1 Like

Upstream Salmon sliced and served with radish, red pear shaped tomato, rocket field greens and shallot, a drizzle of Evoo, a dab or two of goat cheese ricotta (cannot eat cream cheese from cow milk) and a few capers from Sicilia. and a hot warm baguette sliced in canapé format.

6 Likes

Kokuho Rose rice with an egg fried in butter, a little Maggi Seasoning, sesame chili oil, Everything but the Bagel, and Wasabi Furikake. And sauteed arugula salad leftovers.

4 Likes

100% my style too. I love savory. And smoked fish. Mmmm!

1 Like

From Costco-quite good/mild, not too smoky, salty or fishy and a bargain at $10 or so for 2lbs.

3 Likes

Good to know! I’ve never seen it, not that I’ve been looking. Do you think it could be portioned and frozen? I’m likely the only one in my fam that would eat it…

Ha ha - well I’ll let you know when I defrost some because I did just that. I forced my sister to take some even though she said she wouldn’t like it and she and her husband are now hooked.

Yes please let me know how it is after a freeze and thaw. If it’s still good in taste and texture, I may look for it.

2 Likes

Freezing may affect texture as it does to mayonnaise. There could be some separation of oils

@brisket44. We are also huge fans of this!

1 Like

Definitely something a bit unusual however, my Dear has a sweetooth on occasion and so, this was brunch … at a Hotel Bar nearby … I had the eggs benedict with smoked salmon and hollandaise !

5 Likes

Could be, but whitefish salads, unlike tuna, aren’t typically made with mayo, because the fish itself is sufficiently oily. I’m not familiar with this product though.

The ingredient list, list mayo made from soybean or cottonseed oil and egg yolks

I’d probably freeze It. But more likely eat it all as it’s delicious

Breakfast this morning.

#ThereAreNoRulesDuringChrismas

7 Likes