What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

I need one of those.

1 Like

This morning was a toasted bialy from the market smeared with whole milk fresh ricotta and lemon marmalade. I could eat this every meal.

1 Like

i bought white squishy bread for BLTs last night, so today’s natural outcome…

5 Likes

I recently admitted to myself that I really prefer white bread for sandwiches - how embarrassing! But I buy Dave’s Killer White Bread Done Right which gives the illusion that it’s kind of healthy.

3 Likes

For most sandwiches, I prefer rye and sourdough, but i had to admit that the BLT calls out for the humble white sandwich bread! This was Oroweat “Organic” Rustic White (what was available at the corner store). Did the trick.

3 Likes

Dhokla (steamed rice cakes) by kid request.

I also made idli, which are technically breakfast food but we usually eat them for lunch or dinner, so they’re saved for later.

Dhokla almost up to mom’s level… almost :joy:

11 Likes

Espresso ! At 6.00am …

Then, at 10.30am - 11am, a tiny something at the bar down street … Usually a “montado” which is a tiny sandwich or a white asparagus and hard boiled egg sandwich on grilled whole wheat bread baguette.

7 Likes

I just discovered Trader Joe’s zhoug and I’m ready to propose to it. today, paired with eggs. i know i can make it myself, but their version is really delicious. So far I’ve used it as a marinade for tri tip steaks, a dip with TJ’s Elote Corn Dippers, stirred it into pasta, and made zhoug aioli with it.

7 Likes

after going through TJ’s zhoug in 4 days, I went ahead and made my own. Poached egg, arugula, zhoug, EBTB, on 1/2 a piece of sourdough toast.

11 Likes

Something tasty with this reserve honey.

5 Likes

Figs and honey from NJ grower.

9 Likes

Local peaches and burrata on a toasted Portuguese muffin, which is kind of like an English muffin only bigger and a little sweet. Good as is.

Yet I’ll bet that a drizzle of honey and slivered almonds would put this way over the top.

12 Likes

My kind of meal!

1 Like

Big fan of Burrata and always have it “Caprese” style with Fresh Basil, Fresh pear or plum shaped red ripe tomatoes and Evoo & Modena Balsamic Vinegar.

However, this sounds and looks lovely. Shall give it a try however, I shall use Spanish “Toasted Chapata”.

1 Like

sort of Huevos Rancheros/Shakshuka? egg cooked in cooked-down salsa, feta, zhoug, and EBTB seasoning on charred corn tortillas.

12 Likes

Dutch baby pancake topped with nearly the very last of the local peaches. Drizzle of maple syrup. Dusting of cinnamon.

I have been using the Florence Fabricant Dutch baby recipe from the NYT. I skimp on the sugar—or omit if I’m doing savory. I don’t usually include nutmeg, but this time I did.

10 Likes

Fresh raspberry crepes to start the day.

13 Likes

French toast made with homemade challah and roasted yukons.

13 Likes

Now, that’s a rib-stickin’ breakfast!

2 Likes

The thick slab bacon and pear sauce didn’t make the shot. Comfort food. Thanks, @RedJim.

5 Likes