What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Really???!

ohhh tofu puffs! that’s what needed 'splainin. thanks!

3 Likes

Yep, crazy huh?!

Today’s bfast: Black Shin ramen. I’d heard people rave, but I wasn’t overly impressed. I found the broth kind of one-note. Added sriracha. I can never finish a whole bowl of ramen anyway - too much broth!

6 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-21/chef-blumenthal-puts-coffee-flavor-inside-new-breakfast-sandwich?srnd=living

I do like Shin Ramyun. A slice of processed American cheese on top makes it better.

2 Likes

The black one? There are a few different packets inside to adjust flavor iirc. Friend’s kids love it.

I’d heard that. I have another packet, so maybe next time. I didn’t have any in the fridge at the moment.

Yes, shin black. I used all of all three packets of the flavorings.

IMO much better than “regular” packet ramen (maruchan etc) but not comparable with ramen shop stuff.

3 Likes

You guys are amazing. I have toast, or maybe a bagel. Occasionally I’ll have pancakes. Since I hate eggs, breakfast is usually not my favorite meal. But you guys do it up so well!!

Looks wonderful !!

did a simple take on stir-fried eggs & tomatoes - just thai bird chilies, eggs, toms, and sesame oil in this version.

7 Likes

“Pocket” egg (sunny side up flipped briefly to cook the goop on top of and around the yolk), quinoa toast, chai.

6 Likes

Isn’t that “over easy”?:laughing:

3 Likes

Grobbel deli Corned Beef on a Parmesan Bagel

Bagel courtesy of Eastside Bagel Co.
http://eastsidebagel.com/

8 Likes

Over medium! The goop is still in evidence when they’re over easy.

“Pocket” is what we called it at home, maybe my mom made it up for me!

2 Likes

A friend of mine made those. His family called it Toad in the Hole. I gather that phrase means something different to Brits.

1 Like

Interesting - so no bread in your friend’s version?

moar eggs… chimichurri & feta, cooked in composed chive butter. using up leftovers.

7 Likes