What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Lecker!

I was in denial yesterday but when i woke up it was apparent i have a cold. Ugh. I went to the closest grocery and bought All of the Green Things which i proceeded to cram into my juicer. Was actually rather comical in a way… a crapton of kale, some ginger, cilantro, lemon, parsley, cucumber and some radishes. Added a good pinch of salt and some black pepper. Side of some leftover tofu in peanut sauce.
And then i was exhausted and went back to bed and slept for two more hours.

1 Like

Hope all this green will make you better. Take care!

2 Likes

A spoon of while milk yogurt and some tropical fruit granola. I’ve never made granola but gave it a go yesterday. I toasted oats, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, coconut, added a bit of honey and maple syrup, a pinch of salt, cinnamon and cardamom. Dumped it all into a tray and baked it for about 25 minutes. When it cooled I stirred in some diced dried tropical fruits. We thought it was pretty good for a first try.

Espresso of course.

2 Likes

Homemade granola is fun! And sooo much better/cheaper than storebought. That sounds like a delicious combo with the pumpkin seeds and coconut

1 Like

Is it still breakfast when the first meal of the day is consumed at 2:00 PM … on days like today … IMO yes
Plain bagel, over easy, leftover brussles sprouts with a crumble of good feta.
Mittens

8 Likes

You bet it is. Breakfast = break fast. I sometimes don’t eat until 3 or 4pm… if it’s my first meal of the day, I call it breakfast.

1 Like

Now THAT is a proper snow day!! (Why am i so envious of the adorable mittens??)
Agreed that first meal of the day = breakfast regardless of what the clock says

1 Like

This morning was poached eggs done in a plastic wrap pouch over a crusty slice of bread `

1 Like

I ask myself the same question daily

1 Like

This was my breakfast yesterday at 4:30 pm… it was delightful.

5 Likes

:+1: one of my favorite things

After a nice dog walk I made DH chocolate challah French toast. I had some eggs and everyone had espresso. We are working to dial in a new espresso maker and are getting pretty close.

7 Likes

Nice breakfast and nice coffee rig.

I have a Gaggia classic. Only make espresso with it. Like my coffee strong and black.

1 Like

Need revive the breakfast thread

Sunday morning cheese omlete.

Used up the last of a big container of colorful mini tomatoes from Costco and sautéed them with some finely diced jalapeño and sweet red pepper, finished with cilantro. Corn tortillas off the comal

6 Likes

This morning made 75C eggs per ChefsSteps. 13 min in the bath. They were just about perfect for me. No clear or runny whites. Yolks runny but with some gel texture

10 Likes

Aw, man. I WANTTTTTTTT those eggses!

2 Likes

It satisfies my inner perfectionist.

2 Likes

Love your omelette, so yellow!

1 Like

It was raining, so of course we drove to the beach for a cozy breakfast.

Eggs Florentine (no cheese) with a side of fried plantains.

6 Likes