What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Buttermilk biscuits with sassage gravy & scrambled eggs:

That is one of my last two home grown tomatoes for this year on the plate, a Rutgers.

5 Likes

This shot of your table transported me to Scandinavia … TY :slight_smile:

Helga does keep the house pretty Swedish looking…

2 Likes

I made a Dungeness crab salad on toast.

My CSA sent me a Meyer lemon, I was so excited that I made a little lemon mayonnaise and shelled a crab just to eat it.

It’s the little things, folks. :sunny::sunflower::wink:

7 Likes

I’m waiting to get mine, they are still green on my plant!

I think I getting on better with nattō, this time on a soba noodle with a fried egg. Don’t know if it’s related, after this meal, the whole day I was very thirsty…

3 Likes

A late-ish brinner of sorts at 4 pm: two lonely potatoes lingering in the pantry were diced up and fried in grass-fed buffalo butter from TJ’s, two fried eggs on top and the leftover sour cream from last nights baked tater extravaganza. Nom.

6 Likes

Our gym rat house guests requested celery and almond butter for breakfast today. Coffee with half and half. Yesterday we all went out to eat at the local diner and had huge omelets and potatoes but hold the toast… they are gluten free.

Actually carrots and almond butter is a very enjoyable snack of mine!!

2 Likes

Saturday morning I wanted to use up some eggs but I really did not want to go outside and use the grill’s side burner to cook them. So I found a pyrex bowl and put in a large spoon of butter, salt and pepper. Into the toaster oven set at 300. When the butter was sizzling, I added four eggs and waited. DH said it would not work…I told him it would and that baked eggs really are a thing. Baked eggs on toast was breakfast.

2 Likes

I’d eat almond butter off just about anything … I love it

2 Likes

I hated it until I put on a sprinkle of salt on it and voila! Delicious

1 Like

Poached eggs over a slightly doctored very silky lemony hummus over English muffin … I didn’t miss the butter / hollandaise at all !!! It doesn’t photograph as well as benedict, but it tasted as good, possibly better IMO.
I used an egg poacher for the first time … the jury is still out

3 Likes

Had to run out to the Italian bakery this morning for Christmas Eve dessert, so I got a bfast treat, sfogliatelle, and a really good cappuccino.

5 Likes

Ham and cheese quiche

2 Likes

Chorizo & eggs with a pair of smothered burritos:

3 Likes

Biscuits with sausage gravy & eggs:

1 Like

Dam you Viking!!! 5-egg whites 1-whole egg omelette with 2 pieces of wheat toast dry!

2 Likes

It was delicious too !!!

Made the gravy with hafnhaf and the eggs were the new ones from Costco with lots of Omega 3’s in the yolk.

A conversation I had early this morning at a nearby 7 Eleven…

I walked up to the registers with two Brazilian Bold coffees and three Sausage Biscuits in a coffee caddy.

Clerk: “You really like our Sausage Biscuits. You buy these all the time.”
Me: “Well, there’s the coffee, too.”
Clerk: But, Sausage Biscuits, That’s the only food you buy."
Me: Yes. I share breakfast with my dogs."
Clerk: "Dogs? You feed your dogs these Biscuits?
Me: “Yes.”
Clerk: “How many dogs you got? What kinds?”
Me: “Two. A Siberian Husky and a Pitbull mix.”
Clerk: “And they eat Sausage Biscuits?”
Me: “Yes.” “Actually, they each eat one a piece. I eat the third.”
Clerk: "They eat a whole Sausage Biscuit?
Me: “Well, not quite, I take off the top of the biscuit and quarter the sausage and biscuit bottom, and feed them that.”
Clerk: “And they eat that? For their breakfast.?”
Me: “Yes.”
Clerk: “And they don’t puke it up, later?”
Me: “No. They would eat car tires if they were cut up and put in their bowls.”
Clerk: “Mister, you got two great dogs.”
Me: “Yup. I do.”

8 Likes

Käserösti, Spiegelei, Schinken:

4 Likes