What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

How do you feel about Rievkooche?

My dad was nuts about them, but not my favorite potato prep, TBH. Doesn’t help that most Buden reuse their oil over and over. And you can taste that.

Actually I was thinking more about home made.

Not a lot of grease wagons around here that serve those.

I don’t deep-fry a lot at home.

A couple of burritos smothered in green chili and cheddar, with eggs scrambled with chorizo, fresh hatch and green onion. Garnished with queso fresco, sour cream, and garden tomatoes:

A clean out the fridge breakfast. Piquillo peppers stuffed with Valbreso feta and hot pepper jelly with a side of shaved string beans. Tapas is good anytime

7 Likes

Tailgate breakfast at the NY Giants Game

3 Likes

I know I’m risking someone melting down here, but is that Taylor Swift’s Ham on that Sammie?

Why yes it was!

1 Like

Somehow my clean out the fridge meals are just not as exciting as yours…!

1 Like

I am super impressed with the range of great looking and delicious breakfast items you all prepared. I don’t know if I am lazy, or because I work full time, most of the times, I just boil a big pot of steelcut oatmeal that’ll last me for a few days and eat that every day, or just slather some jam on sliced bread.

How do you all find the motivation to do a elaborate breakfast?

Breakfast is the first meal so it better be good. In reality, bread and cheese or some kind of egg prep is standard weekday fare.

The peppers were a weekend splurge but incredibly simple since I had the canned peppers in the fridge along with the feta, hot pepper jam and sting beans. It was just my demented mind that thought “that goes”

1 Like

Hey, it’s your favorite day today.

Have a good one ! :tada:

Mmmm… Cheesy eggs and avocado toast.

After biking from Playa del Rey, we had brunch at M.B. Post in Manhattan Beach. Such a beautiful day.

7 Likes

I always wow that 1 day, I will try to do something elaborate for breakfast, I mean really cook (not talking about frying bacon or eggs) or reheating stuff. This morning was some pain au chocolat, I didn’t time it correctly and they turned out a bit too cooked. The tea was good, Oolong Wuyi Golden key.

2 Likes

I just fried farm fresh eggs in butter in a CI pan. The yolks were dark orange. Trader Joe’s WW British muffin. Simplicity on a plate.

2 Likes

Brooklyn everything bagel with gruyère and dry salame:

And yes, I know it’s not kosher. But it was delishus.

5 Likes

Salami and cream cheese is so classic, like ham and butter.

Whipped up vanilla waffles and espresso in our temporary kitchen space. DH was pretty impressed.

6 Likes

I love waffles!

Last 9 pain au chocolat and it’s done finally. Ate 4 of them today with the smoky Taiwanese Tiger Tea, similar to the Lapsang Souchong but stronger. YAY!

3 Likes