What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

I do not need to use stock photographs as my husband is a professional photographer and I also take alot of photographs as I am a journalist.

I was answering a British Gentleman I believe, as he was speaking about Mallorca where he has family there.

But believe me, we would not eat Cochinillo for breakfast nor a whole hog either.

I was answering a post; John Hartley I believe.

POSTED IN THE WRONG PLACE AND I ALSO POSTED A SICHUAN CHINESE DINNER IN THE WRONG PLACE TOO.

Goodnight. Have a nice afternoon. It is late here as we get up very early.

Bolivians say palta too!

The avocados in Chile were gorgeous.

1 Like

i’ve been on a Japanese bfast kick, as my sister and I watched a show called Miso Hungry (I know) about a dude who went to Japan and transformed his eating habits and lost all kinds of weight but generally got much healthier (walking a lot helped, of course). Anyway, I was inspired, and went to Japantown here in San Francisco, bought a bunch of things, some completely new to me, others I’ve had before, and I’ve been making myself bfasts/lunches since Friday; here are a few.

I really can’t say natto will become a regular item on my table, but making my own miso soup will definitely happen again and again. i’m absolutely loving the yellow pickled radish. I’ve used my own homemade kimchi too, just to mix things up.

10 Likes

Nice! I like Japanese breakfast, especially if there’s natto!

Both the partner and I lose weight after visiting Japan. It happens every time. Also lose weight in Korea and Morocco.

Walking is one of the factors. Portions are a lot smaller and ingredients are of high quality and varied/seasonal.

Here are some more ideas for your future breakfasts:

People who don’t like eating fried fish at 7am then breakfast will be painful :yum:

Fried fish and fried spam (the partner ate all the spam for me. It’s in many things in Okinawa!). Once we got raw eggs. We watched how other guests at the guest house ate… they stirred the raw egg into the rice. I tried it, too. The texture is off-putting if you have an aversion to snot-like foods. But I love natto so…

Buddhist cuisine

But I like warm breakfasts in Vietnam, too.

Morocco (love the fresh cheese there)

Actually, pan-fried flatbread.

8 Likes

thanks! i love Spam but don’t think it’s the healthiest choice, obvs. but, in moderation… i think I’m done with my experimentation with natto. didn’t hate it but life’s too short to eat things that are just ok/weird (to me) for health benefits, when there are so many other delicious healthy foods to choose from.

i would eat fish in the morning but the BF hates it and the smell would be unpleasant for him. of course, i could eat canned sardines, mussels, etc.

i lose weight and/or at least maintain almost every trip i take because of all the walking, despite making an utter pig of myself wherever i travel!

4 Likes

Pop-Tarts this morning. Strawberry. No frosting. Toasted medium-low. Don’t judge me.

4 Likes

Leftover ham = hash time! Potato, onion and ham topped with two fried eggs

8 Likes

Faux Egg Benedict + thick white bread, SPAM, poached egg.

7 Likes

Grilled chocolate and raspberry jam sandwich with vanilla ice cream. Bread and ice cream are homemade, coffee is home-roasted. Tried a new pour over method from April Coffee. Trying different methods is a great way to make the same coffee taste new and interesting.

6 Likes

Very unconventional late breakfast.

I had thawed a bag of green fava beans which was in the fridge and being left alone (wife is out of town) after coffee it was breakfast. Cooked in water the tasted like the sea :rofl: then drained and hit with a splash of evoo and Japanese soy sauce.

Ate them all. Stomach is not rumbling. Yet

3 Likes

BARCELONAPANTOMACAmerienda_pan_tumaca_con_jamon_2

Pan tomaca. Common on the Iberian Peninsula, with or without ham.

10 Likes

I’m not normally a big breakfast guy but today was a exception. Pancakes (well done I love the crispy edges) strawberry-chocolate chip-butterscotch chips.

Pork roll egg and cheese on a bagel - a Jersey staple. Also my personal favorite my grilled cheese with pork roll and egg!!

11 Likes

An accident then in where I posted the photographs.

It happens.

Scallion pancake with eggs, chinese broccoli, ginger, mustard, and chili oil. Needed a little pick-me-up to get going today.

13 Likes

Whoa. That looks good.

This is something a bit similar I ate many times in Peking. The dough is chewy and a pocket is filled with scrambled eggs. The street rig was in the neighbourhood of my lodging (in a Hutong nowhere near any tourist attraction) and I passed by it every time I went outside.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, guanbing is delicious. I haven’t made it to china but spent a year in Taiwan, where I was lucky enough to live next to a zhua bing vendor – similar idea, except the pancakes were many, many layered and the vendor scrunched and stretched the pancake until it had a crispy + fluffy texture. I miss having access to street food…

2 Likes

Oh YUM!

Chopped chicken liver on toasted bagel with lemon zest

9 Likes

Strawberries at the market this morning!

7 Likes

I like how the donut is layered . It has a layer of chocolate with creme cheese in the middle it looks so good