What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

My husband makes it. I consider myself lucky. :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Bacon, egg and cheddar on rye.

12 Likes

Cream of crab soup.

Delicious.

4 Likes

Cajun shrimp, roasted pork, and brisket tinga tacos.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Breakfast tacos!
Purple potato, green chorizo, and eggs (and cheese) - Write up is over in the DOTQ Taco thread.

9 Likes

12 Likes

Living large in Central Park, Kaohsiung.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Incredible pastry from Librae (NYC.) The rose-pistachio croissant in particular kinda blew my mind.

9 Likes

Cloud egg. Adventures in fussyfood!

9 Likes

Cheesy scrambled eggs with Aidell’s chicken apple sausage. Maple syrup on the side for the sausage.

12 Likes

I got up early to go to an event this morning; it was a prop-and-bake sale held by a handful of food stylists and recipe developers at their studio. I was lured by the promise of interesting dish and kitchenware, plus some excellent baked goods. Basically an event tailor made for my interests. I was stoked.

Despite arriving 15 minutes before doors opened, I was at least the 50th person in line and it was pouring rain.

Once doors did open, only a few people could go in a time. I gave up and returned to the subway.

Feeling sorry for myself, I got out of the subway at my stop (still raining!) and encountered someone selling tamales out of the back of a hatchback. This is a new development in my nabe, but it’s standard in many Brooklyn neighborhoods. I bellied right up and bought three different varieties at $3/each. Best decision I’ve made in a while.

13 Likes

Victory snatched from the jaws of defeat!

5 Likes
2 Likes

Pulled the second loaf of caraway rye from the freezer. Behold, the tuna melt.

20 Likes

In celebration of April Fool’s Day, I indulged in pancakes.

5 Likes

That certainly is an upsetting number of pancakes. Half a star. (h/t Andy Daly, “Review” S1, E3)

1 Like

Baked eggs with Gruyere and ham (and scallions and thyme) on English muffins

12 Likes

A quail egg breakfast bun at my favourite Scandinavian-inspired café in Toronto, Fika.

7 Likes