What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

My current popover recipe go to is this stupid simple, make in a blender version. I place 4 eggs on the counter and the milk in our wine cooler the night before. In the AM, Whip the ingred while the pan heats and I have fresh popovers w coffee anytime.

3 Likes

Wegman’s had some nice ribeyes this morning. I’ve been perfecting my kalbi recipe and so far the mix I like is equal parts of the chicken and pork marinade and Mogo’s hot sauce mixed with a heaping tablespoon of the gochujang. Before cooking I sprinkle liberally with my secret ingredient - hot flv. marinated salty powder. I put that sh*t on everything.

I brush part of the mixture on the meat and let it marinate for a few hours. Before the steaks hit the hot pan or grill I dry them well, then sprinkle with my secret ingredient. Once they are done and rested I brush the meat with the rest of the marinade.

Sorry, can’t type anymore, eating.

14 Likes

Is this your secret ingredient? https://www.amazon.com/Oriental-Mascot-Flv-salty-Marinated-Powder/dp/B089RYFVWF

Tell us more. I’m not familiar with it. Thanks!

1 Like

Tried expanding my range with some shrimp lo mein. The subbed Manischewitz egg noodles worked out but used too much soy.

8 Likes

That’s the stuff!!

There are 3 ingredients in it; white pepper, salt, and spice. I’ve been using it for years and I still have no idea what “spice” means. All I know is that if added to any Asian dish I cook it makes it taste better. I wish I had more information for you, but that’s all I know.

Also, the $11 Amazon price is ridiculous. The little bottles ( I’ve never seen a bigger size ) are about $2 at our local Asian Food Market in Marlboro.

1 Like

Those look amazingly easy! I wonder if you can use an immersion blender, instead of a regular blender. Limited counterspace keeps my blender in the basement.

I don’t own an immersion so I can’t confirm that but a reg blender would be fine. Just decide on how thick or thin you prefer it to be before you hit the on switch. A fp would work too.

Oh, I HAVE the food processor in the kitchen, good idea!

Will have to look for it. Not a lot of info online, but found a lot of associated products from Oriental Mascot. Thanks.

1 Like

This is what I love about food labels from other countries… :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Last night’s steak Diane with a side of creamed spinach and some brown sugar coated grilled pork belly.

11 Likes

As promised.

15 Likes

Last night’s Chicken Marsala, in which I always substitute sweet vermouth for the Marsala. Have posted it in WFD several times but I don’t think I have here.

Served with browned butter gnocchi instead of pasta.

11 Likes

I purchased some beautiful fresh soft shell crab at Kings Food Market that Mrs. P deep fried. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.
What's for Dinner #59 - the Summertime Covid Blues Edition - July 2020

Chicago Italian Beef/Sausage combo sandwich. Semi-homemade as I had the giardiniera, beef and gravy shipped from Chicago. Made a big pot of gravy and over 30 sausages this morning and placed a single one in the center of the roll, covered it with beef swimming in that hot au jus, and topped with hot giardiniera. Fed 13 people lunch and still have a ton of leftovers.

9 Likes

Stupendous!

Saturday nights short rib over buttery Parmesan pasta. Somehow I bought peeled and sliced tomatoes vs. crushed so the sauce didn’t cook down as it should have. Minimal difference to taste, it was delicious just not as much of a ragu as it should have been.

12 Likes

Takeout tonight from Neelam after a day at the beach. I had chicken makhni and Justin had chicken dhingri. We shared a navrattan korma, rice, and naan.

There were several cocktails. He had margaritas while I had pink lemonade vodka with club soda.

12 Likes

Happy Friday everybody!!

So happy it’s the weekend! Only means I finally have more time to cook :smile:

For dinner tonight, we have some yummy Kerala Chicken curry with Carrots. (my mom’s recipe)

For recipe; check out my blog: www.forkingmycravings.com

For recipe; check out my blog: www.forkingmycravings.com

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend. Stay safe!

4 Likes

Mrs. P made a refreshing watermelon salad to go with Dungeness crabs and Alaskan king crab legs, with TJ’s sweet potato fries on the side. Details and pictures on the main WFD thread below.

3 Likes