What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Eggs, bacon, veg, bread, butter.
While cooking bacon, how do you refrain from eating all the pieces from the first batch? These were just going to be for show but…

Also, do you cook your eggs in butter or oil? Used to be all butter but now I mix it up.

10 Likes

Quite a handsome plate. :heart:

1 Like

I use both these days…but I also consistently do a veggie/egg white omelet (more like a frittata); start w oil, finish with a little butter. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pan-fried potato gnocchi with morels in a mushroom cream sauce covered with parmigiana cheese.

11 Likes

Now you’re talking my kinda carbs! Are those homemade gnocchi? And I like to generous amount of cheese!

2 Likes

@heidicooksandbakes - they were Wegman’s gnocchi.

This is all homemade though. BBQ pizza with bbq sauce, cheddar cheese and bacon.

8 Likes

Mrs… P made some gorgeous red snapper from Local 130 Seafood. Pictures in the main WFD link below.

1 Like

Superbly splendid absolutely … and the Sicilian touches (capers ! ) …

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 Like

Thank you @Barca! Enjoy your weekend as well.

1 Like

Same to you and have a lovely holiday weekend.

1 Like

Grilled some skirt steak from Monmouth Meats for lunch today. Had with nice side of zucchini, onion and red pepper veggie skewers and a tomato, cucumber and onion salad.

13 Likes

Mrs. P made crunchy deep fried soft shell crabs (that we got from Local 130 Seafood) and homemade guacamole for dinner on the 4th of July. Pictures in the main WFD link below.

6 Likes

Wow, that looks terrific! Sounds like a meal to remember!

Decided on fettuccine with shrimp and chicken sausage in a creamy Cajun sauce.

11 Likes

I know I rarely post on this thread, but having seen a tip from Alex Guarnascelli on IG, I decided to try it… Sear turkey burgers in oil, then add 1-2” of chicken or veg stock and cover them until they’re fully cooked. These were fantastic and I’ll never cook them any other way indoors! Pictures and plating are not going to win Chopped in this case, but here you go. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

!

12 Likes

My fam does same thing with breaded turkey cutlets, def makes it much less prone to drying out.

Hope it was an enjoyable meal…reminds me it’s been a long time since I had a turkey burger. I wonder if anyone around here makes a good one?

1 Like

↑↑↑↑ @CurlzNJ seems to make a good one. Not sure if she’s currently offering outdoor dining or is takeout only.

4 Likes

Livotti’s has very good chicken and turkey burgers.

Correct. I do, but at this time, I’m not cooking for the masses. :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

When I had a grill (far too long ago), I made turkey burgers on a regular basis. The secret is to add stuff that will keep the meat moist, which is why I loved the indoor cooking method I tried! In this case, there was shredded zucchini, 1/2 a bunch of fresh parsley, Dijon, and a bunch of dry spices in the mix. HIGHLY recommend you give it a try!

1 Like

I use a Wegman’s recipe:
1 lb Ground Turkey
1 cup firmly packed baby spinach (1 1/2 oz), chopped
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1 1/2 oz Crumbled Feta, about 1/2 cup
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp black Pepper

I add tzatziki (greek yogurt, shredded and strained cucumber, lemon juice, salt and pepper) and red onion slices

4 Likes