What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Scallions anyone?

5 Likes

@KAOSKitchen
On a bed of cream cheese?
On a bagel?

Why not?!? Scallion cream cheese is a thing…

1 Like

Looks like breakfast to me!

@CurlzNJ
New to me. So asking…

1 Like

With a bag of mints for dessert?

2 Likes

When I was a kid, chive cream cheese was one of the few ‘alternate’ flavors available… then scallions and onions came in to the pic (separate flavor), along with others like vegetable, strawberry, lox, and others. Here in NJ (at least) most bagel places offer 8-12 flavors (some of them GDAWFUL, imo), so it’s a thing!

ETA that my personal favorite is a toasted sesame bagel w plain cream cheese, a slice of red onion, and lox (+ a good cup of coffee). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fan of the scallion cream cheese at bagel masters. Mrs met is not a fan of my enjoying it

2 Likes

When did scallion cream cheese replace chive? I like you remember chive cream cheese being the main alternative to plain and you can’t seem to get it anymore.

No idea, but I suspect chives are harder to get and/or (therefore?) more expensive! Or maybe the shelf life of the scallion is longer…?

Yes. I cut enough for two halves. Then I found out I had to share with someone who doesn’t like them, so piled it all on one half.

2 Likes

I was at a bagel place a few months ago and was surprised at the difference in price between scallion and regular cream cheese on a prepared bagel. Never thought about before I guess.
Been buying my own Philly or TemTee, whitefish salad, lox bits, and scallions for along time now. Delicious.

1 Like

Salt bagel, scallion cream cheese, whitefish salad.

Ginger hard candy!

1 Like

Continuing with scallions as part of a mixed grill. Snapper and Shrimp Ceviche too, to beat the heat.

10 Likes

Did you make the Caesar dressing fresh in the bowl before tossing the lettuce?

I like your style! My bagel order forever now has been scallion cream cheese on an everything bagel. I love bagel hut in Aberdeen.

2 Likes

It’s not exactly cooking but I’ve never tried making my own before.

10 Likes

Tyvm for sharing your first time with us all @BossaNova ! They look awesome.

I too have recently tried something new. Up until this week I had never made a fresh peach pie. I found some local peaches at a farmer’s market recently and I decided to dive in. Unfortunately, this was the result.

Fortunately appearances can be deceiving as this is one of the best peach pies I’ve ever eaten. OMG! I didn’t even have enough peaches for the crust. The only rational explanation is that it is all in the fruit.

5 Likes

I think that looks delicious!! Good for you! I don’t make doughs. For anything. You’re brave!

1 Like