What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Sichuan Cottage is still bringing it! Drove the nearly hour round trip for takeout tonight. Full review in the WFD thread.

7 Likes

I think I won Chopped!

I had a 5 pound tub of cream cheese, 1 leek, half an onion, a bunch of parsley, a quarter pound of sliced ham and a pound of pasta. I sauteed the leek, parsley, and onion with some garlic, then added a splash of cream and a half pound of cream cheese over low heat. Once the cream cheese melted, I added the chopped up ham and two ladles of pasta water. It tastes great - my poor photo skills aside:

10 Likes

@seal

And, you’ll be eating this delight for how long? :thinking:

2 Likes

I’d love to see the bagel you bought that for

5 Likes

Some people hoard toilet paper while others hoard cream cheese :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

That was his lunch.

5 Likes

(after eating 5lbs of cream cheese I would probably need the extra toilet paper)

7 Likes

Mrs. P made her famous pan seared boneless quail breast salad.

Well, so far we had some yesterday and I just had some more for breakfast. No complaints from the fam and my son even had seconds. So I guess two days?

3 Likes

Decided it was time for a little Italian penicillin to help fend off the virus. Shout out to my grandmother for the gravy and ravioli recipes!

15 Likes

not pictured; slicing the garlic with a razor…

looks amazing in all honesty…wish we lived a bit closer so I could smell it!!!

3 Likes

For desert zeppole!

8 Likes

Homemade KFC tonight. Came out pretty good.

10 Likes

I’m currently more than slightly buzzed and wishing I had those zeppole to sop it all up!

1 Like

Tonight was a 10-hour slow-cooker brisket in a #budweiser-based marinade, mashed sweet potatoes, and mom’s zucchini pie.

10 Likes

DAMN that looks delicious, @KAOSKitchen !

3 Likes

And that all looks yummy TOO! Tell me more about this zucchini pie… (And PS, I’m loving those new plates!)

1 Like

Thank you! She’s made it for years. I can get the recipe if you would like.

1 Like

@CurlzNJ followed this recipe after a google search. Going to try it next time with the MSG I read about in other articles.

1 Like

Thanks! I can honestly say that I’ve never made fried chicken… May need to happen!