What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Parmigiano Reggiano Aged 50 months.

7 Likes

Yes please. Delivery to NJ?

3 Likes

Shrimp in a peanut sauce with with sweet potato noodles

11 Likes

Could not resist the 5 lb bag of jalapenos at RD so had to do something with them.
3 lbs went to make candied jalapenos. The other 2 lbs I tried to replicate a green salsa from Ozzy’s Cakes in Paterson. Great with empanadas.
Real clean jalapeno flavor from both of these.

13 Likes

@corvette_johnny

Gianfranco Pasquinelli and his two sons in Emilia Romagna, are very small producers and predominately ship within autonomous region, deliver locally and / or sell at their farmer´s market daily, cheeses, freshly grown ecological veggies and fruits, locally.

We know him for years …

Sorry but do make note, of the label. His sons speak good English.

1 Like

IMG_1202

Baked semolina roll drizzled inside with garlic-basil-rosemary infused olive oil and stuffed with prosciutto, bresaola, pepperoni, ham, pecorino, mozzarella, and garlic. I’m officially on the bread- baking bandwagon, and am now expanding horizons.

10 Likes

Wife’s birthday earlier in the week. She wanted pizza, we added some fritti… panelle and rice balls.

Our homemade pizza isn’t pretty, but it’s the way my grandmother made it so it’s tradition.

12 Likes

wow that pizza looks fantastic

1 Like

That’s some good lookin’ stuff right there!!!

1 Like

Friday fajitas with Frank

7 Likes

Un desayuno criollo. Huevos pericos (scrambled eggs with onion, salt, cumin, tomatoes or bell peppers.), black beans, an arepa and avocado.

8 Likes

New grocery store opened Buddy’s Market where the old Uncle Gino’s was in Manalapan. Saw some pizza dough, 2 bags for $1.50.
Found old pizza stone and peel, we bought for kids when they were young. Pizza turned out real well IMHO. Problem was could only make one at a time. So by time we ready to eat 3 pies were Lukewarm to cold.

10 Likes

Good lookin’ pies, nonetheless!

2 Likes

Every once in a while Sunday is Chicharron Day. I always find these are hit or miss when eating out but making them at home is always tasty. With Papa Huancaina.

7 Likes

That looks amazing! I get my fix at Don Pepe in Freehold but that looks every bit as good.

I’d say our first attempt at crepes was a success. This was a team effort: Justin made the batter (I did add a splash of Havana Club rum) and chocolate ganache while I did the cooking, filling, and plating. We had been watching a lot of Julia Child and Jacques Pepin lately and were inspired. These were absolutely delicious. Looking forward to trying different variations, such as some savory fillings next time.

12 Likes

Have you thought of doing contactless curbside pickup for HOs? #AskingForAFriend

3 Likes

Savory crepes are right up my alley, but those look great. Lemon zest and powdered sugar for me.
Love watching Julia and other classic chefs on YouTube. I am partial to Justin Wilson for all around entertainment.

1 Like

This weekends “big cook” was a big ole’ pot of chili. Separately packing leftovers for some family members.
Not pictured my wife’s excellent corn bread. I am full!!

13 Likes

Tonight was penne’ carbonara and chicken scarp. (ala Jimmy’s in Asbury Park) Top of the picture are baked eggplant bites prepared by my daughter.

13 Likes