What’s for Dinner #56: The No Place Like Home Edition - April 2020

Great meal and I love your plates!

2 Likes

Grilled turkey tenderloin, whole wheat pasta with cheesy tomato sauce, and a wedge salad.

11 Likes

Biordi arts in sf . Is where the plates are from.

2 Likes

One of my favorite shows. I even like the newer incarnations with Shayna, Anthony, and Ted. I’ve run into Mary at Il Casale in Belmont a few times with friends who are friendly with her. Very big and fun personality.

4 Likes

A friend turned us on to Pinkelwurst, a German sausage made with bacon, oats or barley, suet and other assorted sausage stuff. We liked it so much I’ve taken to making it as well (not the sausage but the dish). It is traditionally served with kale, potatoes, pears and mustard. Mine always explodes.

13 Likes

Mrs. P made her famous pan seared boneless quail breast salad :yum: It went great with a nice French red wine.

14 Likes

I don’t know how I missed this delicious plate!

The limas especially look delicious. And meatloaf sounds so good right now. I ordered ground turkey (they sent chicken) and pork to add to ground beef for the Rao’s meatball recipe… perhaps there will be some meatloaf too…

2 Likes

Aw, thx!

1 Like

we were supposed to have delivery pupusas for dinner for a review but couldn’t find a place that would deliver. BF pulled my enchilada pork from the freezer and made mexi-rice and tacos. more of the miracle avocado. All pretty yummy and it was nice to have another home-cooked meal.

16 Likes

Aha…it shows! Fabulous
!

1 Like

That both looks and sounds delicious @MsBean.

1 Like

If only you saw what the kitchen looked like when I came home. BF was off today so he cooked up an Asian feast consisting of homemade cheese wontons (cream cheese, chive filling), pork wontons for soup, Vietnamese pork and shrimp spring rolls, and chicken and shrimp with broccoli in garlic sauce (the only item I helped with tonight). Everything was amazing. The cheese wontons tasted like they came from a Chinese restaurant while the spring rolls had a unique, almost crystallized quality due to the rice paper (and interior rice noodles) puffing up during the frying process. While homemade Chinese food (and Indian, for that matter) may be good, it never tastes like the restaurant. This does.

Prep:

26 Likes

It all looks simply amazing! I need a jolt of the energy and motivation he had today. And great looking, plated up on the new dish ware.

2 Likes

Had DH pick up some food items today. Dinner was a kale Caesar salad, and arugula salad, and a shared cheese/ham/jalapeño sandwich. It was a nice treat not to cook tonight. But, the yummiest part was dessert. I don even like ice cream and my spoon of this was delicious.

19 Likes

I made this LEMON-GARLIC SWISS CHARD SALAD like my mom today; LOTS of substitutions!

I used beet greens for the first time. Beets were from this weeks CSA box. Huge beets; up next!

14 Likes

When’s your next loaf . Sometime within the week I suspect. . I love the bread mystery theater. I can guess the ending. But never no for sure .

2 Likes

Thanks for including the recipe. I am going to have to try that salad. I love swiss chard - actually I love all greens.

3 Likes

Looks great @shrinkrap, beet greens are my favorite of all the greens, great flavor.

3 Likes

The BF wants to make a no-knead bread himself (not sourdough), which I think is happening tomorrow…

3 Likes

Oh, I loved Peter and Mary together. A gentler time, oh yes. Thanks for the memory.

5 Likes