What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

For those who remember when Bill Cosby wasn’t a serial rapist but was America’s Dad. I give you the Bacon Burger Dog. And this blast of nostalgia: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyv5HK-j8o]

5 Likes

Nice! We are going to have to up our tuna game. Lusty Lobster for our steaks…very fresh. Had to order a day in advance.

1 Like

It’s been awhile for me but here are a couple beauties compliments of Monmouth Meats! (they seem to be doing a good business)

10 Likes

beautiful. Cant wait to see the after. Are they doing curbside?

I called and the message said no more call or fax in orders so I just showed up and waited half an hour. They were doing curb side pick up.

Bonus points I saw Bon Jovi at Soul Kitchen!

5 Likes

I, for one, can separate the art from the artist and still enjoy the Cosby Show today. Saw Bill live three times, before the “dark times”. However, I have never seen the famous Bacon Burger Dog in action. Good job!

2 Likes

Went for a local recipe today, arepas boyacenses, made with yellow corn masa, cuajada cheese inside, milk, sugar, and salt.

Theyre known as a sweeter, fatter, version of the white corn masa made arepa, popular throughout Colombia and Venezuela. Pair it with chorizo and a cup of organic coffee and its a perfect clogged artery quarantine breakfast.

10 Likes

OOOOOH. I love a good arepa!!

Hope everyone had as good an Easter (or Passover) as possible. Homemade manicotti were real good, boneless leg of lamb was meh, chops cut from a rack were good.

12 Likes

Nice Tom!

Smoked up some chicken breasts wrapped in thick cut peppered bacon. The barbacoa sauce was very good. It had some complex flavors in layers. I’m very happy with it and it would be a crowd pleaser for sure. I used cherry wood and charcoal to cook for 2.5 hours around 240. Vertical water smoker. God I love bacon

10 Likes

that loos sick man…nicely done…cpl nice beers to wash that down I hope?

2 Likes

Being Chinese and sushi are next to impossible to get, I took matters into my own hand. Disappointed I didn’t have any sesame seeds for a bit more pizzazz.

13 Likes

Should have put out the bat signal!! I happily would have traded some for a couple bites of those rolls! Nice job!

3 Likes

Wow. What a feast!

3 Likes

Something looks fishy…

1 Like

All you’re missing is some sake.

1 Like

I had Russian sake!!!

1 Like

да

1 Like

Making no comments on covid transmission/risk and sushi, but if you are so inclined, and don’t want to roll your own*…Matata in Middletown is still doing sushi. Or at least they were a week or so ago.

*obligatory 4/20 joke.

4 Likes

Some greek inspired thighs over charcoal in the water smoker. Fresh off the fire and into my mouth :slight_smile:

20200420_135118

11 Likes