What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Mrs. P made a pork chop for dinner. Pictures are in the link below.

1 Like

We had smoked country ribs for dinner. Details and pictures are in the below link.

1 Like

Our friend in Staten Island invited us over for an awesome belated birthday dinner for Mrs. P. Below is a link to the details and mouth watering pictures.

1 Like

a favorite version of Fried Rice for me is Lap Cheong Fried Rice…made with that delicious funky and sweet-ish Chinese Sausage. David’s Mai Lai Wah in Philadelphia’s Chinatown makes a killer one. I’ve made it at home too using leftover chinese white rice (we always order too much), diced vegetables, diced lap cheong, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, a fried egg scrambled with soy sauce and chopped…lots of green onion…

and because you can’t ever have too many eggs, (lol) i topped it with a regular fried egg…the runny yolk and the fried rice are amazing together.

8 Likes

What do you get when you combine a baguette from Antionette in Red Bank, thin sliced Japanese A5 wagyu ribeye from ShopRite, good American cheddar, and fried onion and peppers?

Why, the world’s best cheesesteak, of course:

8 Likes

Nice!!! Enjoy!!

1 Like

Wow! Looks awesome!!!

2 Likes

Every year our local community college turns the theater over to the drama students to create a haunted house. We use to take our children when younger but now it’s turned into an adult “themed” Halloween party night. (adult “themed” means a bunch of adults get drunk and goes to a haunted house)

Each year themed food takes precedence over gourmet food, here were some of the offerings from last nights event:

Big Foot loaf
Puking Pumpkin Guacamole
Monster Pie
Frankenstein Pie
Jack-O-Lantern Quesadilla
Jack-O-Lantern stuffed peppers

(Non pictured mini-mummy heads and severed toes and dragon balls)

14 Likes

Jumbo pumpkin muffins from my sisters recipe collection on tap with softened butter this dreary Sunday morning.

10 Likes

Oo la la popovers

9 Likes

Ooh I’ve never made these. Recipe you use please?? They look divine!

Popovers are SO easy you won’t believe it! My favorite recipe is actually from Emeril!

POPOVERS
from Emeril Live EM1B28E (somewhere around 2007)

Ingredients needed:

1/3 cup plus 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
6 eggs
2 cups milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
Assorted jams

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease each cup of the popover tin with a teaspoon of the butter. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Whisk in the milk and remaining butter. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt together. Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix well. Pour the batter into 10 of the prepared popover tins. Bake the popovers for about 50 minutes, undisturbed. Remove from the oven and serve hot with jam.

Yield: 10 servings

Fwiw, I don’t own a popover pan, so I just used muffin tins. They get GINORMOUS, so don’t say I didn’t warn you!

1 Like

The recipe is printed on the popover pan wrapper. You can add herbs, spices, cheese etc to this basic recipe. I made a sage brown butter to slather.

400 oven heat pan for 2 mins. Butter the cups and heat the pan another minute. In a blender I mixed the batter.
1-1/4 Cups ap flour
1-1/4 cups milk
1/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs
1 T melted butter

Pour batter in to the 1/2 way point in ea cup. Bake 20 mins. Turn heat down to 300 and bake 20 mins more.

1 Like

Wow, I guess it is all those eggs that give it that kind of lift. I assumed this was a more intense operation using whipped egg whites or something.
Thanks for the warning on the size!!!

1 Like

They have excellent poblano and swiss cheese popovers at Laurel & Sage. They serve them with lavender butter.
poblano%20peppers%20and%20swiss%20cheese%20popovers%20(2)

6 Likes

WHOA. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My very first time baking a popover. LOL my Aunt encouraged me this wknd.

4 Likes

You did a great job for the first time!

Thanks. They really are easy.

1 Like

Wow ! Awesome for a Masquerade Party …

1 Like