What’s for Dinner #56: The No Place Like Home Edition - April 2020

Wow!!!

1 Like

Thanks @Scubadoo97!

Hi Linda…do we really need to know about your “shitty day” and how “people can suck”…
I admire and respect you…but please stop… even if 14 people “like” your post…
I have my days too…but don’t bring it here…
This forum is as I thought for upscale food “blogging”…
Perhaps you can see my point of view?

All reading this… I AM SURE I WILL GET A REAL CAN OF “WOOP ASS” AFTER MY POST…BUT PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU RESPOND…
THANKS!
PHREDDY

Those scallops look just perfect!

I miss seafood. Just got some halibut in a WF delivery, thinking about what prep.

2 Likes

Grilled or fried fish tacos on freshly made corn tortillas with your new masa! It’s WFD at our house tonight, minus the homemade tortillas.

2 Likes

We did takeout pizza last night because we skipped it on the weekend, plus all adults had video chat playdates at cocktail hour :joy:

But here’s the kids’ dessert - broiler s’mores using saltines and mini choc chips because that’s what we had on hand - big hit!

10 Likes

I disagree with your position.

6 Likes

Doing a hybrid weekly menu plan thing-y and WFD. No photos.

Some recent good meals. Lots of big hearty soups.

Cannellini bean (from dried) and farro soup. Our usual kale salad. Probably some bread (or pizza ends) on the side for dipping

Slow cooker white bean wheatberry lentil Parmesan soup. Greens thrown in at the end. (NYT)

Takeout pizza from our favorite local joint which lasted several days

Grilled TJs mahi-mahi burger tacos. Pickled red onion, canned tomatoes, cilantro

Grilled salmon with sautéed mushrooms + broccolini/chili crisp

TJs Italian soy sausage with chickpeas, broccoli rabe, liberal garlic and lemon over penne

Tonight will be veggie Japanese curry with carrots, potato, onion, chickpeas. Serve over brown rice/wheatberry mix and a Quorn breaded “chicken-less” patty. Probably kale salad on the side. Thank gawd for our neverending kale supply. B couldn’t live without it. :grinning:

8 Likes

No. I can’t. It was the reason for my “no cook” meal. I didn’t go on and on about how shitty the day was. I just said I had had a very bad day and was, therefore, not cooking and then noted the ingredients that made up my composed salad. If you take offense to my use of the word “shitty” then please bring it up with a moderator privately, who can then make a change (if appropriate) if it’s beyond the time period in which I could have changed it.

This forum and the WFD thread is to share our meals and our days as the individual poster sees fit (and not just upscale meals). Sometimes those days means dinner is a full course meal either eaten at a restaurant (or take out) or made at home, and sometimes is just several glasses of wine, and sometimes it’s a paper cup of cheddar Goldfish or several celery sticks with peanut butter because nothing else will do.

16 Likes

Thursday Lunch - April 16th … Enjoying … Shellfish, Scottish wild salmon, caviar and Lobster with Spaghetti …

13 Likes

To be fair, Linda does not elaborate on her shitty days.

Without some off-topic bits and pieces this place would be sterile and boring. I enjoy Linda’s postings (and some others’ as well) and besides the food, those personal or off-topic bits make this place interesting. One gets a glimpse into posters’ lives and personalities from the exchanges. (I don’t want to use the term “glean from” here because there’s something negative about it.)

Keep doing what you* are doing. (*collective you)

Peace and amity.

10 Likes

Tell me more about your various kale salads, please! I am suddenly very rich with kale myself. I tossed some into my broccoli pesto last night instead of herbs. Worked just fine.

HOLY MOLY. I want to move into your house. I’ll bring kale :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Linda makes this site worth visiting. Her contributions are always, to me anyway, worth reading. I know exactly what she meant when she described her day because I’ve had one, too. Good to know I wasn’t the only one. Which explains why I had a slice of leftover cake with buttercream frosting and a glass of chardonnay for dinner the other night.

12 Likes

Magnificent lunch and presentation as always @Barca! You sure know how to live it up! I used to enjoy the Louis Jadot Pouilly - Fuisse when I was drinking white wine. Now I only drink red wine.
I hope you are holding up well overseas.

3 Likes

Last night we had the incredibly flavorful but very much not photogenic Lomo Saltado. Strips of steak mixed with onions, tomatoes, homemade fries, and lots of Adobo and cumin. Two green chilis added for heat.

Bad picture but was several drinks into the evening.

There’s no better combination when you’re getting a buzz on. All those things mixed together? God bless the Peruvians.

14 Likes

Best dinner ever after a crapola day. :::cheers:::

3 Likes

I read that too fast and thought you were watching adult videos. :flushed::rofl: “Now that’s getting personal, Lion!”

4 Likes

When I was in a shared CSA with several coworkers about 6-7 years ago, that was the toughest to distribute amongst the 3 of us…until one started making smoothies. Then she got the bulk of it. LOL

3 Likes