What’s For Dinner #42 - 2/2019 - the Hearts & Flowers & Brrrr-Chilly Winter Edition

When I’m at that stage I prefer to think that I have the husky voice of a '40’s film diva!

5 Likes

The meals sound wonderful! Hope your Fathers health issues improve quickly!

2 Likes

I enjoy this visual much better! Thank you!

1 Like

I guess it’s Madame H.

1 Like

Same here, Mister N caught the same thing…

1 Like

We have a thread on that… Found it.

4 Likes

Yup! My mother would drag me to JoAnn Fabrics for hours. Now, I drag my family members to grocery stores for hours.

“Going through this aisle for the 4th time is not going to make your Doubanjiang magically appear!!”

“They’re all mung beans! There’s no difference. You don’t have to study each and every packet.”

5 Likes

I live with someone who shops this way! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Start a support group!

3 Likes

Quick and dirty poke tonight, no sad desk dinner! Rice not pictured.

16 Likes

gracias!

Korean? Lettuce and all else beef wraps. Tasty but hard to eat.

15 Likes

We are back to cool weather so I pulled the borscht components from the freezer, combined and it is finishing off at a slow simmer. So far it tastes great! Should be even better tomorrow. Crusty baguette on the side and tangerines later for dessert.

6 Likes

Love borscht! What ingredients did you use?

These are take-aways from the conference?

1 Like

I made a pork and beet based version from the cookbook of an Ukrainian restaurant located in NYC, Veselka’s. I always order this when I eat there!

This is the recipe:

The above doesn’t include the separate recipe for the beef stock:

6 Likes

Yum

Ground beef stroganoff over ww noodles, smoked-paprika sprouts

14 Likes

Thanks, will try it out soon, maybe next week! I had only beef version, pork is new to me.

1 Like

They were for me. I have been one of those replace carbs with red meat people, and loving every minute of it!

2 Likes