What’s For Dinner #41 - 1/2019 - Clean Slate - New Plate Edition!

Last night: a bake-in-the-bag marinated pork loin from Kroger; and boiled Red Skin potatoes with a PSTOB*
IMG_3089
(I apologize for the bleached out pic. Our camera is aging poorly)

For dessert, a heaping serving of pineapple & cherry Dump Cake:

8 Likes

As long as we can make out the PSTOB you’re good! :yum:

7 Likes

Ahem… it’s PSTOB

*proverbial shit-ton of butter.

:smile::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Correction noted. Correction made.

2 Likes

I’ve created a monster. :japanese_ogre: :wink:

6 Likes

i keep desk shelled sunflower seeds for perking up salads, worth a shot (and a pepper grinder - never fail to get looks for that)

1 Like

No…just a PSTOC

*proverbial shit-ton of curiosity

3 Likes

Cauliflower and chorizo tacos, leftover sides. Easy peasy!

12 Likes

Gorgeous sunny day today! Dinner is a big salad of mixed greens, smoked turkey, avocado, tomato, scallion, hard boiled egg, cucumber, and corn with ranch dressing.

6 Likes

Thanks so much for the trouble of asking and sharing the guatita recipe. I don’t think I have ever eaten Ecuadorian cuisine before, so this will be my first!

Now, it will be a challenge to find peanut butter here. I wonder if the Asian stores carry that, lol, they like to stock some popular American products…

Very colourful meal, appetizing!

1 Like

If you like buy unsalted shelled peanuts that have been roasted. Put them in a mini food processor and you will have peanut butter…easy as that!

3 Likes

Good, that’s easy! Thanks again!

An off-topic peanut butter story. Within the last ten years we were in Rio de Janeiro where we never saw it in the groceries. Just Nutella. We did see it and bought it although we’re not real users of it. I didn’t connect that with getting terrible sick. I went to a pharmacist and she gave me Cipro and I got better. Only til a couple of weeks later did I read that an American made PB had been recalled due to salmonella. Yep, I had the same lot #. That’s probably why we didn’t see it anywhere; the other stores had removed it. And that is the only time I’ve ever gotten sick from anything I’ve eaten or drunk anywhere in the world.
(Sorry for interrupting.)

3 Likes

Thanks for you input!

Made a quick brocolli soup (veggie stock, onion, carrot, brocolli cooked for a bit then hit with the stick blender and finished with some lemon juice) and shared a meatball sandwich with DH. Sandwich from the local Italian deli. I remembered to late that I don’t love the deli’s red sauce - it tastes too much like bell peppers. :face_vomiting:

10 Likes

Internal office drama (thankfully i was a spectator and not involved) + corporate calendar shift + creative director meeting = 12hr day and useless as a human
Epic fail dinner, wasn’t going to wait an hour for ho-hum delivery again, had a not quite ripe pear from the fruit basket, those dry roasted edamame i keep on hand, too many of these kettle corn chip things

And a chunk of this which isn’t dairy free but looks like its far enough down on the ingredients i’ll be ok- dark enough I don’t want more than that

9 Likes

Been there

1 Like

I read this recipe in Cooks and prepped it all the day before. My husband had an unexpected late night so I finished it off today. Really nice. Love all the different textures and flavors. Beef bolgogi over brown basmati rice. I made a mung bean/cucumber pickle, a chili sauce as a dip, sauteed baby bok choy and kimchi. YUM.

I also mad a big batch of this Malaysian curry that I LOVE yesterday. That will be tonight’s dinner and several more went into the freezer. I am so glad I did it yesterday too. This cold has caught up to me.

15 Likes

Happy new year, belatedly!

First dinner back from an extended trip was a big bowl of plain yogurt. I had been grazing through my jet lag all day, and the yogurt hit the spot before I finally let myself go to bed.

3 Likes