What’s for Dinner #39 - Nov. '18 - The Beginning of the Holiday Season!

Local cheese and bread platter with FIL’s honey to start. The roast pork loin with porchetta seasoning, acorn squash with butter and Tsardust, and roasted Brussels and mushrooms.

20181106_191002

19 Likes

So funny- i was drinking a glass of reisling while cooking and i looked at it and was like “nahhh, it’s the only bottle i have right now” and used the vinegar!
Love the sour cream and scallions idea, i’ve got a lot more in the freezer!

4 Likes

Long days here…!
Big meeting yesterday was catered, dinner was some of the leftover salad and roasted carrots/brussel sprouts/grain salad thing at my desk.

Today was also epic, I’m too fried to deal with going anywhere and managing the logistics of the situation.
Apparently i am going to call the yogurt cup and fantastic chocolate chunk cookie dinner…

9 Likes

Uh oh, tummy ache ahead?

Also tried an Arkansas Black apple! Not my favorite but worth the bite.

1 Like

Yup…! Cookie vs clif bar, the cookie won. No wine here!! I am seriously going to schelp a bottle with me next week. Maybe two.

2 Likes

Carry on with wheels is your friend :wink:

3 Likes

Dinner at home tonight.

I made a quick einkorn-blend bread loaf this morning…

… to go with the planned cheese fondue. Einkorn gave it an interesting flavor - sweeter than regular flour. Probably needed more salt, but there was enough to compensate in the cheese :joy:. Broccoli and snap peas to dip as well.

Arugula salad to start.

13 Likes

You had me at bread baking. I’m just starting to tackle pizza dough .

5 Likes

What does that apple look like? Is it eating or baking apple?

Nice cheesy shot😊

3 Likes

Do you have a favorite Reisling rec?

Dinner is already in the ovens so I can get a road trip to Little India in.

Stuffed yellow peppers with a spicy pork filling. Aquafaba meringue with citrus fruit.

Enjoy the :sun_with_face:
Rooster

2 Likes

Last night’s stuffed peppers were a hit! Sides of roasted broccoli and squash. Being able to prep this between meetings yesterday was an absolute life saver.

13 Likes

Great minds!:blush:

1 Like

Godspeed in little india… today is Diwali :grin:

I know. I have connections😉 and callled ahead. Guitar teachers get a few perks.

1 Like

That bread is gorgeous!

1 Like

@Rooster, these are the look and characteristics of Arkansas Blacks.

Thank you! These breads are very forgiving…