What’s for Dinner #39 - Nov. '18 - The Beginning of the Holiday Season!

Thanks! So, started from frozen?

Yes, I believe so - probably why it wasn’t mush after 72h!

Back home and no groceries yet other than what’s in the freezer… so there’s “freezer soup” in the PC at the moment - bone broth from saved raw chicken bones and plenty of vegetable scraps, plus aromatics and whole spices. It’s FREEZING COLD here in nyc!

Some of the soup will go to friends. One of them made chinese-style poached soy sauce chicken yesterday (along with the accompanying - addictive - scallion condiment), which will likely be my dinner. The other is the one who lost her mom a few weeks ago; I will turn this into real chicken soup (ie add fresh chicken and vegetables) for her once the broth is done, and take it over later along with some of the Diwali snacks I brought back.

7 Likes

Food does heal! What a sweet gesture!

4 Likes

That looks downright fantastic. Would put me to sleep right away, but fantastic.

1 Like

Dinner will depend on what I find in the fridge or freezer. Dinning solo tonight, so no restrictions but It will probably be something simple. Too early to tell. Cuban cigar and private picked single barrel Old Weller Antique as an aperitif

4 Likes

OMG! Love a good wheated bourbon. That is one of my faves. How do I get an invite?

Déclassé meal tonight (welcome to parenting!). Philly cheesesteak “helper” with my add-ins: roasted onions, green pepper, and mushrooms. Buttered corn and green salad as sides.

10 Likes

Boneless skinless chicken breasts + Uncle Ben’s Flavored Rice (ugh) for dinner last night…

IMG_3015

Dinner Salad with leftover chicken breast meat tonight. :+1:

8 Likes

Always a nice looking plate!

3 Likes

Anytime you are in the Tampa Bay Area gives us a ring. Have hosted several food group guests. The last was sadly Veggo. A frequent poster on CH who left us too soon. It was not the food…

11 Likes

Chicken on my dinner plate too. Stir fried with jasmine rice, edamame, leftover carrots, fresh grated ginger, snap peas and scallions tossed in hoisin. Mango ice cream.

I’m heading to CA to help a couple of friends impacted by the fires. :crossed_fingers:it’s helpful.

Rooster

11 Likes

Thanks @Rooster!

1 Like

Very sorry to learn this; I had not heard.

Will keep the invite percolating in mind.

1 Like

That salad looks right up my alley.

1 Like

Mmm, that all looks so good. Sorry the cake was not up to snuff.

It was several years ago. It was near St Patty’s Day. I made pastrami. One from scratch and the other from a prepared corned beef. Must have been 2014 from the date stamp

11 Likes

So Veggo was not vegetarian?
Are you saying this poster…passed?

1 Like

Veggo was definitely not a vegetarian and yes he passed away several months later. He showed up with his friend Stefan a podiatrist from Sarasota who also was a CH poster. Stephan brought a nice selection of cheeses and beers. We had a grand time. My wife was just returning from a conference but was some what accustomed to me inviting forum folks over for dinner when in town.

4 Likes