"What does the inside of your refrigerator say about you?"

Ok, don’t be shocked, but it’s For F**k’s Sake lol.

2 Likes

:astonished: :exploding_head:

1 Like

Well the initials are pretty tame! :joy_cat:

2 Likes

I apologize to all. I’ve been spending WAY too much time on Reddit, apparently. That and my previous coworkers ruined my filters. A rough group but smart and usually fun.

3 Likes

I didn’t buy mine because of the organizational issues of the back of the shelves in a regular fridge (which i know too well), I bought it because I had my kitchen worked on and it was the designer’s recommendation. But you can lose things in the back of a counter depth too if you’re not careful. I try to keep pers hi les and left overs in the front, and let things with a long life (alike unopened bottles of soda) live in the back.

2 Likes

I love my new counter depth. It’s the most organized part of my house. I’ve been on top of keeping everything fresh. The only issue is that the fruit and veg drawers don’t have enough space for my fruits and veg. I end up storing some in Tupperware produce keepers.

The fridge is always at least 3/4 full .

It might be a problem once I have my fresh produce from the garden, because I often store a lot of peppers, beans and zucchinis in the fridge from July to October.

3 Likes

Keep us posted. I don’t have much danger at all of growing too much produce, but go to you-pick farms an hour away in the summer. Where I routinely overpick and overbuy.

1 Like

I’ve started giving my neighbour my extra produce from the farmers’ market when I overbuy :slightly_smiling_face:

I will keep you posted :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I just switched from a 30” standard depth fridge to a 36” counter-depth fridge. The new fridge is so much easier to organize. However, it is still relatively empty as I used up many of my staples and items in the freezer in preparation for a kitchen remodel. We’ll see what happens come Thanksgiving. All bets are off then.

Did those numbers accidentally get flipped, Stockholm? Or was the second one supposed to be 26"?
I think counter depth are usually 24-30" deep and standard depth are 31-36" deep. Which actually makes me wonder if 24" depth might just be a bit too shallow.
I think my last two fridges were 35" and 36" deep and there were patches of shelf i just did not see that often.
Too bad i can not “try before i buy” my next fridge! LOL!

On edit: I got my response wrong…

I was thinking how about the wilted carrot greens on the carrots in the last @bbqboy post picture? Someone needs to get there priorities in order, but It’s Twitter, so maybe not.

Wanted to link this counter depth refrigerator thread, in case it makes sense to know it’s there down the road.

I think I have had my counter depth a little over a year, and it’s fine when it’s just two of us, but we have a “regular” refrigerator in the garage, and both of the freezers are full. I don’t want to throw out lemon zest, shrimp shells, parsley stems, chicken bones …

When there are five of us adults, I don’t think any amount of kitchen and refrigerator/freezer/ cooktop/ air fryer/ oven space use is without side eyes.

Here’s another thread, even older.

3 Likes

Refrigerators and human beings suffer from the “goldfish effect

We, as humans, will have as much stuff as our refrigerators will allow.

Just like a goldfish will only grow as big as the bowl it is in.

So worry not humans. Whatever size refrigerator you buy, it will neither be too big nor too small.

It will be just right because you will have just as much stuff as the size of your refrigerator will accommodate.

7 Likes

I seem to have missed this thread on its various previous outings. But, to answer the question posed in the OP.

The inside of our fridge says “these guys are not Americans”. :grinning:

That’s not a different supply chain answer. It’s entirely based on info from previous threads where Americans have generally said they keep many products in the fridge that I keep in a cupboard.

4 Likes

Well then you have plenty of room for a framed photo and a nice vase of flowers.

6 Likes

Granted the original thread was three "unprecedented " years ago, and inspired by someone else, but come on. Is that all your refrigerator says? What you are not? What condiments or whatever you don’t have in your refrigerator? I’d love to get some more insight on what is in non “American” refrigerators. I have a sense (but no pictures) of what is in refrigerators in Turkey.

3 Likes

I have an American expat friend who has lived un the U.K. for decades. Think I’ll check in and ask what’s in her fridge :joy:

1 Like

No, I was talking about width, not depth. I had a 30” wide standard depth and now I have a 36” wide counter depth. I think the two fridges are probably similar in terms of cubic feet of interior space.

1 Like

Oh, my error. My last three homes i was stuck w 30" wide refrigerators due to a lack of space. My mind seemingly can not cope w the thought of a wider refrigerator. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This one, which is “built in” under the counter, currently has yoghurts, OJ, milk, sandwich meats, cheese, salad. And a half shoulder of lamb which is tomorrow’s dinner. That’s it.

Up till yesterday, it also had a jar of Jordanian mulberry jam which had a low sugar content so had to be in the fridge - but I had the last of it on toast for yesterday’s breakfast.

3 Likes

In the past I had to defend the refrigerator from an overflow of literal “batteries”, as my electronics -designing husband wants all spare batteries in cold storage, along with tubes of silicon calk in 3 colors for house repairs. When the bin we’d set aside for those became two bins there were discussions about whether meals would get cooked. We resolved the issue by getting a dorm-sized fridge for the basement workshop that’s dedicated to batteries and glues and calk.

4 Likes