Mac and Cheese

I like the tomato take. Good idea. I could also envision using tomatoes and chiles. Good thinking, there, pilgrim. I’ll try it next time I make some. This is a fave of my daughter, so I’ll make one tradish and one tomato.

1 Like

Good thinking, there, DeBadger!

It’s not terrible. Does taste like Cheetos :woman_facepalming:t2::joy:

4 Likes

Is there another way? :grin:

Please rectify!

4 Likes

My son would hate this. He’s very particular about the cheese needing to be Velveeta.

3 Likes

On my bucket list! But at the bottom. Like hospice bucket list.

I initially resisted some “custard style” Mac and cheese at a party last weekend, but the host offered to wrap some up to go. I took it, I ate it, and I liked it.

1 Like

They’re all entirely different dishes, so if you don’t expect one to taste like the other, it’s all fine.

3 Likes

I admit, I like all forms of mac & cheese. High fallutin, pedestrian, highly processed, you name it.

I don’t think I’d like the Flaming Hot Cheetos Mac & Cheese - not because of the Mac part but because I don’t like Flaming Hot Cheetos or any of the super Hot Doritos.

6 Likes

Has anyone made Masala Mac & Cheese? Lots of recipes online.

Also Tikka Masala Mac & Cheese

1 Like

Fun thread, and I am inspired. Cacio e pepe tonight!

2 Likes

My fav M&C is with bacon, caramelized onions, roasted poblano, and sometimes sun-dried tomato.

5 Likes

Yowza!!!

The Tikka Masala Mac and Cheese might have to happen. I’ve seen similar recipes (although usually with a prepared/store bought “butter chicken sauce”, a la this recipe from The Tasty), but I like that this one has you actually make the full chicken dish from scratch first!

1 Like

I think that is what my future husband made us for dinner on our first camping trip. Apparently this ‘dish’ was very popular on high Sierra Boy Scout backpacking trips.

2 Likes
3 Likes

haven’t had mac&cheese in a while so i looked for beecher’s at the supermarket. didn’t find it, but noticed a new version by stouffer’s — baked which mac&cheese, topped with toasted bread crumbs. loved it! will definitely get again.

3 Likes

What is the name of the new version of Stouffer’s Mac & Cheese?

This one, probably. I haven’t had it, but it looks worth trying.

1 Like

He calls it Penne Au Gratin, but this Jacques Pepin recipe is your basic stove-to-oven, roux-based, mac-and-cheese with a tomato topping: