Lunch 2024

I use this when I make pizza(s). It (also) comes in a small can, and we really like it.

3 Likes

Yesterday we had sliced chicken breast with arugula sprouts on a homemade mini baguette.

Dessert was a continuation of the strawberrypalooza, a sponge cake liberally moistened with eau de vie Framboise/sugar syrup.

10 Likes

Spaghetti alla Carbonara for lunch today:

7 Likes
3 Likes

Two egg “spamlette” with red onion and feta, toasted baguette on the side.

6 Likes

Summertime weather, finally! 82°F yesterday, so I made our favorite chicken salad. Oven (early in the am) poached (with white pepper) bs/sl breasts, chopped celery, sniped garden chives and just enuf mayo to hold it together. Everyone was tasked with adding whatever seasonings they wanted to their portion (mine w/o celery—the ‘current’ regimen restriction) and carb of their choice if desired. Mine was with plain rice crackers. It satisfied.

7 Likes

And lunch today was a little bit boring but dessert saved the day😂!
Salmon, broccoli and tomatoes with an anchovy/ garlic vinaigrette.
The cobbler was delicious. I jump started the fruit mixture in the microwave just until they started to bubble. Topped it with the biscuits and baked at 425* for eleven minutes. As mentioned at the baking thread, this would have greatly benefited by a baking tray underneath the ramekins. Will make again with the shortcut.

ETA…this had blueberries, raspberries and cherries , I mounded up the fruit which worked well as it was level when I removed from the micro prior to the topping.

12 Likes

Today’s take out lunch was a smoked meat platter. I’ve had better :frowning:

6 Likes

Excellent, pre-ordered chicken dish from KWAN’S SPECIALTY ( Woodbine & Yorktech, Markham )

In addition to their vast selection of frozen Dim Sum and freshly baked pastry products. With a residing in-house chef, Kwan’s Specialty also offers 3 kinds of ‘advanced order’ traditional Cantonese chicken dish using free-range chicken.

Today, I picked up my advanced order of:

• Great Grandfather Chicken ( aka Tea Smoked premium top soy
    marinated poached Chicken 太爺雞)

• Hand shredded ’ sand-ginger ’ Chicken ( 沙𦍑手撕雞 )

Both products were exemplary and well made. Delicious and flavourful! Highly recommended!

About $16 for half a chicken.

6 Likes

Yum!.

1 Like

Chinese dumplings, snap peas, a few bits of leftover steak, and noodles in a chicken soup.

10 Likes

Small world!!
I too made myself an ’ oversized’ soup dumpling for lunch today…but as an appetizer!
Filling was Whole Shrimps, julienne leftover canned Abalone, julienne Winter Bamboo Shoots, julienne Chinese Shiitake mushrooms, julienne black fungus…seasoned with toasted shrimp roe and dried Flounder powder. Broth was traditional ’ Won-Ton broth ’ with Roasted Sun-Dried Flounder, toasted shrimp shells and pork bones as chief ingredients. Garnished

with aromatic Yellowing Chives.

7 Likes

After sharing another lovely banh mi (same as last time, so no pic for you!) that was entirely lacking in heat, despite my ordering it “very spicy,” we scooted down to the southeast of the city to one of our favorite slice purveyors — gotta get those kilometers in, and the day is stunning :sun_with_face:

Split a lovely funghi with garlic oil, extra oregano, and not enough RPF.

9 Likes

Today’s lunch was spring mix tossed with evoo and balsamic vinegar, sliced beets, sliced avocado, topped with toasted walnuts.

8 Likes

Romaine, radish ,red onion, arugula sprouts, avo, tomatoes, hazelnuts salad. A herb roasted chix provided the breast meat for the salad, I used the drippings for a vinaigrette.

Rhubarb raspberry tart with a scoop of sour cream.

10 Likes

Now that’s the proper amount of walnuts on a salad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, my. That’s a beautiful salad! Have you shared it here yet?

Not but I shall in a little bit :blush:

1 Like

Crab bisque.

12 Likes

Morels!

12 Likes