Lunch 2023 (!)

Do you steam your cabbage with a liquid at all when you stir fry? A little broth for a couple minutes perhaps?

I quckly blanch in water and a bit of sesame oil, then stir fry.

3 Likes

I made vegetable kebabs today. The weather is completely unsuitable for this style of food but I want my Spring. I marinated the mushrooms in lavender, rosemary, black pepper, olive oil, salt and balsamic vinegar and grilled them with tomatoes and padron peppers in the oven.

12 Likes

Taco lunch after a stressful morning: the “Newcastle” (lamb, pepper salsa - really just sliced banana peppers, feta, mint), roast pork & chile lime chicken. #tacowednesday

8 Likes

Brussels sprouts, kimchi, leftover beef tenderloin, and open-faced lobster roll.

9 Likes

Tacos with green chorizo, avocado, cilantro, and onion.

6 Likes

Shrimp tostadas again, with tomatoes, onion, serrano pepper, lime juice, cucumber, cilantro, and avocado.

9 Likes

A very, verrrrry late lunch: smørrebrød with toasted Italian loaf, egg salad, smoked salmon, cukes. Really good :yum:

10 Likes

Black masala kichidi, with tomato salad, lime pickle, and yogurt rounding out the meal. I may need a nap!

10 Likes

The last of the pork souvlaki with the last of the tzatziki and the PSTOO. My breath will slay dragons today. Don’t care :yum:

8 Likes

Cheese and roasted pasilla chile quesadilla (fried in lard). Topped with a dollop of creme fraiche and chiltepin hot sauce.

9 Likes

Did you take inspiration from your avatar?

It’s so symmetrical!

My avatar is linked to my record collecting passion. Good eye!

1 Like

tenor-181435755

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Celebrated some very good news today with a ginormous lunch salad: Aldi gem lettuce, celery, sugar bomb tomatoes, cuke, HBEs, avocado, tuna, tossed with a copycat OG dressing I picked up for exactly this purpose – of course, I still spent about 45 min chopping and cleaning ingredients, so I’m not sure how much of a timesaver bottled dressing truly is. The OG dressing is inoffensive, at least, and made more palatable with diced shallot and fresh parsley…. since I was chopping shit already :joy:

12 Likes

Also a salad! Though much smaller. It finally feels Spring like so I’m wanting some lighter foods now. There is spinach, shredded cabbage, carrots, daikon, bell pepper, homemade pickled ginger, toasted almonds, wonton crisps and a sesame dressing mostly made up of toasted sesame seeds and Kewpie.

9 Likes

Œufs brouillés aux trois herbes avec saumon fumé et raifort. The dill, parsley & scallion really made the dish sing :yum:

12 Likes

My teenager whipped this up for lunch today. Spam fried rice. (I keep telling her that she’ll be popular in college if she keeps this up)

16 Likes

Fish tacos.

Only two, could’ve used another one.

#shrinkflation

9 Likes