Lunch 2023 (!)

A somewhat haphazard pantry thinning exercise. Squid ink spaghetti with jarred marinara sauce that was augmented with a some ground beef and colatura de alici, and topped with some grated pecorino romano.

12 Likes

whew, for a minute there I thought you were slumming it.

2 Likes

Cobbled together breakfast-for-lunch after a quick grocery run. First meal cooked in my kitchen in a while.

Eggs, breakfast sausage, roasted butternut squash (because that was the first thing I did when I got home from the store for some mysterious reason).

The squash was :100: — seasoned with garlic and assorted warm spices (cumin, coriander, garam masala) that go so well with the sweetness and char of the roasted squash.

10 Likes

Another day, another scramble. Local eggs w/fresh parsley, smoked salmon, spicy horseradish :yum:

9 Likes

Inspired by the “Favorite potato recipes” discussion, I applied a guiding principle of mine which is “If you really like a dish at a restaurant, you should learn how to make it at home”. Hence, my first try at making Sichuan Stir-Fried Potatoes. For an unrepentant carnivore, this vegetarian dish was extremely satisfying.

14 Likes

chicken curry

13 Likes

Another Friday, another Cajun shrimp taco for lunch. And half a pork w/salsa verde taco. The dude’s berry hot sauce is fab.

Good start to the afternoon :slight_smile:

9 Likes

This just never gets old. Open-faced HBE sammie with cream cheese & scallions :yum:

14 Likes

A “Kinda sorta” homemade Big Mac. Used a brioche bun and sliced Colby jack cheese instead of the sesame seed and Kraft American slice. The secret ingredient for the special sauce is Kraft French dressing instead of ketchup. So repeat after me: “Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese. pickles, onions on a …”

9 Likes

Lunch delivery from a local diner - blue cheese and avocado spiked BLT. Perfect. No notes.

12 Likes

Lunch yesterday (no pics). My wife had gone out w/ a friend & a McD’s is on the way back so
A 1/4 pounder Cheese Burger, small FF, & small vanilla shake. Burger was merely OK-- warm but fine, the FF’s were hot so pretty good and the shake was a shake. :yum:

3 Likes

For Mother’s Day. My wife (and daughter) like sushi, even if my technique remains shoddy. Maki rolls: Spicy scallop with caviar, yellowtail with scallion, and chutoro with avocado (Daughter likes avocado with pretty much everything these days).

11 Likes

7 Likes

Egg fried rice with broccolini

11 Likes

Carnitas tacos with guac

10 Likes

7 Likes

Y’all are killing it with your beautiful lunches.

I’m super envious because I’m doing a “one meal a day” (dinner) the last couple weeks, but I’m glad to live vicariously through all of you and your wonderful photos.

Good stuff!

3 Likes

Shrimp tostadas again with avocado

7 Likes

Double Cheese Slider is a great thing as a filling option for lunch.

Rice bowl: adobo rice, pintos, tofu sisig, pico, lime/cilantro crema

8 Likes