Lunch 2023 (!)

Google Photos

Late today: TJ’s kibbe with Zhoug and Middle Eastern pickled vegs

Google Photos

Last week: Barramundi with corn and tostadas.

12 Likes

10 Likes

Cajun shrimp, roasted pork, brisket tinga tacos from our favorite place downtown. Really good :yum:

13 Likes

6 Likes

Burger. With curtido (fermented cabbage, carrot and jalapeno), sliced tomato, diced onion, guacamole, and a gujaillo chile mayo.

10 Likes

Apple pear and bacon pizza.

9 Likes

Shrimp tostadas

11 Likes

Back in Brooklyn, back on my bullshit.

10 Likes

Lunch today was a simple roast beef sandwich with lettuce and a horseradish sauce. I served it with fried courgettes which aren’t in the picture. I have so much courgette to eat that they’re my side dish with everything this week.

11 Likes

Tomato and egg rice bowl

10 Likes

Old Cheddar Grilled Cheese

7 Likes

Sautéed spinach and two fried eggs over easy. No pic cuz it was a mess. A tasty mess :yum:

7 Likes

A simple Caesar salad. Homemade dressing (do not omit the minced anchovies), homemade garlic croutons, hearts of romaine and grated pecorino-romano.

10 Likes

Eggs royale was on the menu for me. I used my homemade English muffins, topped it with smoked salmon, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce (I finally made one without it splitting) and dill. It was a lovely indulgence.

15 Likes

Every so often I engage in the folly that today will be the day that I successfully make a sushi maki lunch from scratch that I can take pride in. I tried. The pictures speak for themselves. Tastewise, they were very satisfying. Four rolls were made: Spicy tuna – one roll w/avocado, one without. Yellowtail scallion roll, and Toru-taku roll (Chutoro with radish). Served with tosa soy sauce, ponzu, kizami wasabi, and a vegetable furikake.

13 Likes

I’d hit that.

1 Like

Red beans and rice

13 Likes

Rice, stir fried cabbage, scrambled eggs, and grilled eel

9 Likes

Egg salad on Aldi’s Italian bread. Eggs, creme fraiche, mayo, brown mustard, fresh ground black pepper, Tony Cacheres Creole seasoning. Topped with scallion & hot Hungarian paprika.

9 Likes

Spag/lucini spicy tomato sauce from a jar/tpstopc

8 Likes