Lunch 2020

Just corned beef, not a huge fan of boiled cabbage that much.

1 Like

It’s very rich and the potatoes are naturally super sweet.

Ever since I had this in Sicily I have been eating it with pistachios I brought back.

Some photos from biking today.

Asparagus farm in a village 15 minutes from my house.

Hopefully it’s ready in 4 weeks time. Thing is, the Pole family who works here every season might not be able to enter the country unless the border is open again when the season arrives.

It’s not always nice scenery in the countryside here. We have many mega stalls like this full of intensively reared livestock. The Parma ham you enjoy actually comes from here. I mean before it becomes ham.

So many such farms…

Check out the jumping lamb

The whole flock enjoying the sun and grass

7 Likes

Tell them about social distancing!

1 Like

Squash, tamagoyaki, pickles, baked tonkatsu (recipe: https://www.justonecookbook.com/baked-tonkatsu/), miso soup, rice.

11 Likes

Thxs for the link. Lots of good reading there.

1 Like

Omurice for lunch.

10 Likes

Wow. Details please.

Thanks! Mostly followed this recipe, only no white wine or mushrooms or canned tomato b/c I didn’t have any. And no bay leaf. Also used a little better than bouillon concentrate rather than the bouillon cube. Pretty simple to make.

3 Likes

A few lunches…

Haddock fillets with dried onion salt, spinach and radish. Tested with 2 cooking times with the filets, well as with most fish, the less the better.

Veal liver with balsamic onion confit. Winter salad endive, walnut, apple and hazelnut oil.

Pork shoulders with garlic and oregano marinade, spinach and polenta

5 Likes

2020 the year I get fat, starting in mid March, precisely.
Burrata added near the end, Tirolean Speck when out of the oven.

Some more photos from biking trip (last week):

Young birch forest

Photo frame

Heath and natural reserve for birds

A tiny path both bikers and walkers share. Only enough space for one person to pass, the other has to wait.

6 Likes

No pills needed. My weekly instant Omega-3 fatty acids.

War time observation bunker

Golden hour in the woods

Another farm with sheep and little ones we saw on the way home.

No time spent in nature is ever wasted.

6 Likes

Corned beef on rye

6 Likes

Tomato with balsamic vinaigrette, soyrizo, onions, eggs, tortillas, avocado.

6 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Avocado, bacon, spinach, cheddar cheese, tomato, and onion sandwich on rye, and a salad.

8 Likes

Stellar construction and plating!

3 Likes

Another beauty!

3 Likes

That looks delicious and I’m so hungry now.

1 Like

I made soup yesterday with off cuts of asparagus , broccoli stalk and a leek. I added some frozen broccoli which was probably a mistake. It turned out very watery. No matter today I used the leftovers to cook brown lentils in. Topped with poached eggs and some diced chorizo crisped up in a pan.

9 Likes

Looks delicious.