Lunch 2020

Swedish meatballs with mashed potato, quick pickled cucumber, and lingonberry jam.

8 Likes

Also made mine not long ago. No lingonberry compote but something sour to cut through the rich meat balls. Rhubarb mush.

Weigh the meat to make uniform -size balls

My sauce is loser. I kept adding more cream because it was so thick in the beginning.

4 Likes

Boiled chive and pork dumplings.

5 Likes

Those are some beautiful looking meatballs. Are the purple vegetables potatoes?

Yes, purple potatoes. I forgot the variety. It’s on the back of the package.

Your appetite for dumplings and the photos you post of them always cheer me, @Mr_Happy

1 Like

Gnocchi with brown butter and sage. I recently got a gnocchi paddle and while it is a uni-tasker it does make more ridges than a fork and is a bit easier to use.

8 Likes

Very nice!

I use various (cheese) graters to make patterns.

1 Like

Great, your gnocchi paddle! Somebody at WFD showed the sushi mat made with bamboo worked well too! Love your meal.

1 Like

Lunch was a quick fix quesadilla with leftover chopped meat, pepper jack cheese, black beans, avocado, cilantro and sour cream. I used pan toasted spinach wraps instead of tortillas.

6 Likes

After so many days of high temps (mid 30C/93F) the heat has finally dropped below 30C/86F but it’s still very warm and unpleasantly humid.

Leftovers from the day before became soupy mung bean noodles for lunch.

I used these tomatoes in the meatball-tofu braise. The lovely colours are lost to the heat.

Blue tit basking in the sun

But something is wrong with its eye. Only saw it when I uploaded the photos from memory card to laptop.

I gasped with pain in my chest when I saw this. Poor creature. Probably a disease.

Forgot this one last week. Feather in bird bath.

6 Likes

@Mr_Happy - I love the taste of sage and brown butter sauce, but I still haven’t decided if I truly like the actual pieces or slivers of sage in my food yet. Am I the only one? I just don’t find chewing on the actual leaves or slivers to be appetizing. But the aroma of sage…lovely, fully on board. Just no fuzzy or blackened leaves please.

@Presunto - oh, the little fuzzy birdy!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: so cute! i hope it’s little eye is ok.

1 Like

I like eating the sage leaves when they are cooked and slightly crispy, but yeah when the leaves are still a bit raw not my favorite either.

1 Like

Phat Thai aka pad Thai following a recipe from Pok Pok Noodles that can also be found here:

6 Likes

Ah, grilling sausage in a rain storm! Gotta love it. The squirrels and I enjoyed a pepper and sausage sandwich along with Roseann Cash potato salad, leftover grilled asparagus and carrots, the last of the pear sauce and a glass of homemade, frozen raspberry-lemonade.
Some in the photo some too shy :wink:.

5 Likes

Looks terrific, @Rooster

Plate balance is just so…

Nasi goreng (Indonesian fried rice) with chicken.

9 Likes

Fried egg on top, super!

1 Like

Wow!

1 Like

Wednesday Lunch at home …

9 Likes