Lunch 2020

I have zero photography knowledge and its a miracle I can take photos with an iphone. What I can do, is admire a well taken photo…

2 Likes

BLTs today with my own tomato! @ChristinaM thanks for the inspiration!

10 Likes

I love those flower photos. So pretty, and you’ve showcased how delicate they are.

1 Like

Lovely! Thanks for thinking of us re onions. I did read about red onion recalled and called the market for general produce updates w the green grocer ( who is a buddy of mine).

1 Like

BLT salad

6 Likes

Repeat of a lunch from a little while ago - frijoles borrachos with queso fresco, Mexican style rice, scrambled eggs.

7 Likes

Summer in the garden

Sweet summer days are here again! The Turks who were arriving at the market looked at the figs longingly as they saw me walk back to my bicycle carrying this: (variety is “fresh blue”, from Spain.)

I buy 10 every Saturday. Steam them and eat them as a snack.

Simple pastry (yeast dough) filled with cherries.

Day time moon taken in my garden, with my attic also in view.

A beautiful celestial body of our solar system

10 Likes

Pancakes with strawberry jam, egg, and bacon.

4 Likes

I’m not a fan of pancakes. But when I see a photo of them, I crave them! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

In Speck/bacon-eating countries they cook the bacon in the pan with the pancakes. Briefly fry the bacon on both sides, pour in the batter and cook until pancake is done. However, they don’t eat it with syrup. I eat mine with a sweet-sour fruit compote on the side.

3 Likes

Orange tomatoes

Chilled purple cauliflower “soup”

And vinho verde

Beauty of nature is everywhere. Sunset seen from my attic

Painted lady tastes my chive bloom with its feet

Just a downy feather in the bird bath after a light drizzle

6 Likes

@Presunto, Inspiring, as always.

Brunch really. Yellow gazpacho, from yellow tomatoes and peppers.

7 Likes

Third day of the heat wave, 38ºC or 100ºF this afternoon. Lunch was light. Tried my best to avoid a hot kitchen.

Melon with Parma prosciutto

Chistorra from Basque Country, tomato and pepper confit

8 Likes

BLT. Couldn’t wait.

8 Likes

Gnocchi with Rao’s marinara sauce.

5 Likes

I’ve been searching for more about this since you posted it, and I can’t find much. They are cooked together and served room temp like you would roasted peppers?

They have been roasted a while ago and marinated in oil with aromatics since a week. When serving, I slightly warmed them since they were cold from the fridge but not heated them. But you’re right to serve at room temperature.

1 Like

Lunch for one in the old garden shed today. Chef salad, radish butter with rice crackers, thai iced tea, random pickle. Still lots of post storm cleanup.

7 Likes

I love Rao’s marinara - I load up when it goes on sale. Also love their pizza sauce.

2 Likes

Their vodka sauce is also good.

3 Likes