Lunch 2020

Yes chips are normally on the side. I’ve always liked putting potato chips in my sandwiches for the crunch texture thing I guess. The dill flavor from the dill chips really gave it a good taste.
I would normally never order a burger that big but the owner wanted me to try the burger and the lucky Miller club sandwich so that’s what I did.

Presunto the only place I’ve ever been sick in Baja was la Paz. Of course that was from eating ceviche off the street cart and yours was breathing foul air.

Thanks for the recipe. I’m mildly allergic to walnuts (also honeydew and kiwis), so how do you think almonds would be instead?

Hope all is well with you as well!

Where in Redding?
I used to sell at Epperson Brothers all the time in my junk dealing days.
A fun town.
I was always a Bartel’s advocate.
And Klub Klondike on the way home.

Lucky Miller’s deli is off of 273 right next to salvation army and Ace hardware it’s next to a laundromat it sets back about 75 yards. Bartels still doing their thing and doing it well but lucky Miller’s is at a whole different level. My son wanted to do a couple dive bar vlogs and Klub Klondike was the first places I thought of that’s so funny.

1 Like

Finally had a sandwich. No lines, and it was pretty good! Yeah, it’s salty, but also spicy (I got both classic and spicy. Taking one, no TWO for the team!) and still crispy after two hours.
Got my usual spicy thighs as a backup.

6 Likes

Thank you! SR…trying to get the 13 pack down to 12 pack!

2 Likes

I’ve actually made that taco meat with A combo of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds before which was great, (Just smashed them with a heavy pan in a sturdy ziplock) i think almonds would work well too- just a matter of chopping them small which a food processor would be good for (i lack one of those)

Thanks. I’ll give it a try. I actually have two food processors - a Cuisinart from the 70s which still works fine, and a small one that I bought a few years ago and use a lot more.

1 Like

image image Rogue Valley to Redding/Red Bluff used to be fertile junk buying and selling territory.
It still is, I’m just moving slow these days. If you guys head up this far, let me know.
What’s your son’s vlog dive bar address ?

2 Likes

My son doesn’t have a vlog he’s just been watching me build content for mine. He thought since I had the gear it would be fun to do a few dive bars. He lives in the Bay area and I’m about an hour away from Klondike. As soon as I start releasing content on YouTube I’ll let you know.

3 Likes

Started out fixing a tray of roasted Yukon minis for the week and then cleaning some fresh tilapia which quickly translated into a fish taco lunch.

10 Likes

@Rooster

Lunch? My, the eatin’ is good in your neighborhood. :star_struck:

1 Like

:+1: we try. You inspire :wink:
We have been eating our larger meal at lunch lately.
After a vacation, we tend to get more inspired with our own cooking.

1 Like

Haven’t met a potato I didn’t like. Fantastic looking fried fish. Wish they’d have this option in Mexico. Only battered or "a la plancha’.

I wanted to make fish tacos this weekend but now the corona-infected people are nearby so I’m staying inside for a while. They say on the news the infection is spreading so fast and we have only had it like 2 days ago. Supermarket shelves are getting cleared in no time.

Lunches will be what I have lying around the house.

2 Likes

Scary stuff! While on vaca in France/London we saw and took careful measures best we could.

Your Baja trip made us very nostalgic for street eats…minus the odorific deal!

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Roasted Vegetables (3 Flavours in 1 Pan)

1 Like

Making lunch the larger meal when we can. Citrus salmon, roasted asparagus plus leftover farro pilaf and a few cooked shrimp with cocktail sauce (not pictured).

image .

11 Likes

Looks great, esp that salmon! I’ve always prioritized taste and texture over that white protein, but have been experimenting with quick brines to keep that down

3 Likes