Lunch 2020

Ham and cheese sandwich.

8 Likes

Very nice sandwich @Mr_Happy.

2 Likes

Tomato salad using yellow cherry tomatoes from the garden, toast from my Pullman loaf attempt that’s now frozen, and indianized tuna salad - onion, chillies, cilantro, lemon, oil-packed tuna.

10 Likes

Turkey avocado mozzarella pickles lettuce on sourdough roll with mustard olive oil salt and pepper

13 Likes

Spent the morning preparing a batch of naan. Followed a recipe for rice pilau and doctored up a tikka

simmering sauce for a nice lunch today. Really pleased with myself. :wink:

13 Likes

I unintentionally harvested some kale midday, and was going to prep it and put it with the rest, but then decided it would be lunch.

So, a quick kale salad with a warm shallot dressing, garden grape tomatoes, smoky candied pistachios, and shaved Parmesan.

9 Likes

Nice lunches, everyone. Mine are simpler this week.
The figs are finishing, the kakis are arriving!

Just eggs and North Sea shrimps

Chunks of livers in cream. Paprika-garlic butter sauce. The cream has paprika and some annatto.

6 Likes

Sous vide scrambled eggs with toasted homemade baguette.

The eggs were lovely and creamy, but my stovetop soft-scrambled eggs are also that in half the time :rofl:

1 Like

Chilaquiles

12 Likes

LOVE chilaquiles, but somehow never think to make them :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

Me too, I only thought to make them because I had some tortilla chips leftover from last night’s burrito and some jarred salsa in the fridge.

3 Likes

Egg fried rice

8 Likes

Well THAT didn’t happen. :disappointed_relieved:

Started out making pot roast sandwiches, but there was only enough baguette left for one :joy:

So I made some rice noodles someone boiled last night but didn’t use into indian hakka noodles since I had all the makings for a change - cabbage, carrots, peppers.

Pretty good (so was the sandwich - I snuck a bite).

5 Likes

I used up leftover indian-style cabbage in some dumplings (muthiya) - mix of flours/grains (finger millet, whole wheat, quinoa), topped up the seasoning, and dolloped onto steaming trays. Then tempered them after they were done.

Quick, tasty, homey. But next time I’ll cook the quinoa first, I didn’t love the texture.

6 Likes

This week’s sandwiches:

cheesesteak

tandoori chicken from freezer

tuna salad

10 Likes

Chilaquiles casserole? :grinning:. Sort of a strata. Not bad! Everyone had some!

PXL_20201024_220909781

Eggs a bit firm for my taste, but it is certainly a reprieve for these leftovers.

7 Likes

Intriguing! Is it tortillas, bread, other?

Store bought tostada shells from tostadas I made a week or so ago.

ETA Wow, more than two weeks old!

2 Likes

Another week, another dozen of oysters.

Have been walking in another woods lately. It’s a military training terrain, big paths for military vehicles and the paths are very sandy. Have to wear walking shoes with ankle support to hike around here. Chinooks and “normal helicopters” fly very low overhead constantly it’s almost like being on the set of a Vietnam war film.

I was waiting to see soldiers jump out of the Chinook like in war films but they did not. You also see spent ammo on sandy paths.

Ammo boxes and spent ammo are dumped thoughtlessly next to a tree near the path. This is one, but there are at least 5 other in the same spot! I have been thinking maybe I will send this photo to the department of defence. They are supposed to take all this back to the base and properly dispose of it.

4 Likes