January 2023 COTM - Nominations

Yes, it’s time already. Not only do we get to decided on a new COTM, we get to pick the first COTM of a brand new year! 2023 is right around the corner. My goal is to time this in a way such that even with holiday disruptions, you will have time to acquire the next book in time for January.

To nominate, please put the book title in ALL CAPS in the comments below. Please nominate with the intention of cooking along should your nominee be selected. You may make as many nominations as you wish.

Nominations will close at 10 a.m. EST on Saturday, December 17. After the nominations are tallied, we will vote among the most-nominated books to determine our January selection.

Please check out our current selection, Arabesque, by Claudia Roden, and participate if you can.

For a list of our previous books, see the COTM archive.

MESA MEXICANA and
CARMINE’S COOKBOOK.

MEXICAN EVERYDAY & MORE MEXICAN EVERYDAY together. Both of these have been COTM before, so I think for those of us that have already cooked from both books, it would be preferable to do them in concert, just to have more potentially unexplored material.

And renominating these from last month:
ETHIOPIA
KOREAN VEGAN
I AM FROM HERE
GREENFEAST: AUTUMN/WINTER

FROM THE OVEN TO THE TABLE is a sentence.

1 Like

KOREAN VEGAN

I wish my library had Carmine’s but it doesn’t, and I’m not seeing an inexpensive way to get a copy.

FROM THE OVEN TO THE TABLE for January.

I nominate FROM THE OVEN TO THE TABLE.

1 Like

the cheapest I saw on Amazon (used) was $13 and change

1 Like

MEXICAN EVERYDAY & MORE MEXICAN EVERYDAY I have both and am willing to try some new recipes from them

With those used ones, they also charge at least $3 for shipping.

ah yes I forgot about that.

FROM THE OVEN TO THE TABLE Diane Henry

MEXICAN EVERYDAY & MORE MEXICAN EVERYDAY is a complete sentence

I’d be excited about this for Feb (won’t be cooking along in Jan)

I’m going to throw out a last-minute nomination for MILK STREET VEGETABLES.

Also here’s your reminder that nominations close tomorrow. I’m going to extend them until 5pm, because I’ll be working a holiday event during the day, so there’s a little extra time for you to get in a nomination.

I haven’t seen that book yet, but tend to have good experiences with Milk Street. I’ll keep it in mind for next month.

It came out in November 2021, so should be in libraries. I got an email that it was on sale and ordered a copy. Looks pretty appealing.

1 Like

MEXICAN EVERYDAY & MORE MEXICAN EVERYDAY - I haven’t been cooking a lot, but I think I could enjoy cooking some of the easy recipes from both books.

I just was able to download MILK STREET VEGETABLES as an ebook from my library so that’s my nomination.

1 Like

MILK STREET VEGETABLES

I’ve enjoyed a few of the Milk Street books. Not Cookish though—every recipe I tried was just okay.