Ideas for Leftover Brisket?

All great ideas, thanks. Wahine had the Jones for a luxe baked potato, so I mounded broken pieces of brisket on top of the usual toppings, and added a few spoonfuls of jus.

It was completely ad hoc. Afterward, I wondered why I’ve never seen any BBQ joint offer a baked potato riff. Lately, I’ve seen more joints not offering brisket plates at all, just brisket sandwiches. The spud riff seems like it’d be an option for stretching scarce BBQ.

6 Likes

A bit late to the comments, but we’ve often done smoked brisket specifically for shepherd’s pie.

3 Likes

Poutine
Enchiladas

5 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

It’s common in Texas and called a stuffed baker.

Barbecue (pulled pork/beef or chopped brisket) piled on a big baked potato then blanketed with cheese and slipped under the broiler.

The best ones I’ve had were when they warmed the meat in a skillet and letting it get just a little toasty, adding a squirt of barbecue sauce and letting it get a little caramelized.

Not terribly healthy but ohhh so good

9 Likes

Brisket-stuffed Yorkshire pudding, or Toad in a Hole made with brisket

1 Like

No.

Poutine! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh yeah, brisket nachos slap, and you’d pay 20 bucks for them at a decent Texas BBQ joint.

2 Likes

Here in Austin a brisket topped baked potato has long been popular. Potato and brisket topped with ranch style pinto beans is my fave. That said, my favorite use for leftover brisket is enchiladas, but cheesesteaks are great, too.

4 Likes

Did anybody say fried rice yet?

5 Likes

You could also heat it in a bulgogi marinade, put it on a bun with a little 1000 island, top it with caramelized kimchi, grilled onions, and melted cheese to hold it together, and top it all with a fried egg and the rest of the bun.

2 Likes

Welcome @Ishie1013 ! Have you seen this?

3 Likes

Sounds worth a try! Never thought of using smoked meat in a chili.

3 Likes

Our local BBQ place, Luella’s, does topped baked potatoes:

8 Likes

Pho, or Wor Wonton Soup, Ramen. Maybe the question is, what wouldn’t it work in? Well, except the obvious lol.

2 Likes

That’s nice. No plans to visit North Carolina, so you enjoy.

1 Like

Maybe you should start a poutine thread on the Toronto board … :yum:

2 Likes

Ramen sounds ridiculously good. Maybe a seven minute egg, some scallions, and some sunflower sprouts.

3 Likes

It would totally work for me! This topic makes me hungry every time I check.

1 Like