What's On Your Mind 2023

I was looking at stocks yesterday and one looked particularly downtrodden, New York Community Bank, some of it likely on general banking sector woes. The price was so low the div rate was over 10%. Probably not sustainable for long, unless the price comes back up.

I figured it was worth getting some at that price (under $6.50/Sh) even if they decided to cut the dividend in half; looks like there’s more upside possible than downside risk.

Overnight the news broke that NYCB reached an agreement to buy out Signature’s assets and existing loans, causing the price to shoot over $9 for much of the day today so far.

Seems my story is that I’m often a day late. And a couple of dollars short.

Guess I’ll wait to see if it drops a bit mid-week…

3 Likes

Once I had BTC worth 50 USD given by a friend for building his website. During that time BTC was around 20k USD I think. Within a very short time it went up to 65k, and I had set it to sell at 60k. Anyway it tripled my 50usd. Then it was in usdt, and I think I later bought another coin. Not sure.
Unfortunately I had no way of cashing it. It should still be there now may be not even worth 50 :sweat_smile:. I tried to give it to someone free, and he thought I was trying to trick him.
The bottom line is: it’s just numbers. It doesn’t matter what the number is.

4 Likes

I had some some dollars of Bitcoin leftover from erm…“a seed purchase” a few years ago, and then got nervous along with others a year or so ago and cashed out (which took some doing).

Man! Right time in and right time out! Too bad I didn’t have more than the “some” dollars!

4 Likes

Nice!

I had some guys trying to ge me into Bitcoin when it was around $20 per share. I decided not to and that’s one of my big regrets. Damn. I could have turned a $10K investment into $20 million.

Sucks to be me.

Yeah, I know (both for this and prior post) = First World Problems!

LoL.

1 Like

The biggest income is earned by the YouTube gurus who teach you how to trade cryptocurrency. And they post an affiliate link too, which gives them a commission for a lead. Much profitable than actual crypto trading. :rofl:

2 Likes

I don’t want to hear about atmospheric rivers, bomb cyclones, mudslides, evacuations and lightning strikes. Where are my oysters!

Joking😬

Just ordered two dozen this time.

3 Likes

The results of the final exam of the National Tourist Guide Lecturer license course is out. I have passed it, no repeat modules.
Now I must get a police clearance certificate and apply for the national guide identity card. It might take another month.
Little by little I’m getting there. One step at a time.
Great relief this is.

9 Likes

Congratulations! I think you are nearing the end of your arduous trek.

1 Like

Bravo!

1 Like

Yay! You must feel so accomplished! So happy for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. More than anything else, the boarding, meal, and travelling costs are almost over. One last time I must find around 50 dollars as the license fee, and that’s all.
Then I must look for an agent who needs my service. Anyway I’m planning to get my own groups here rather than working for someone else.

4 Likes

It’s not a first world problem. It’s a universal problem :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:dancer: :man_dancing:

1 Like

Can someone tell me is this for real? As in, is this a dish restaurants offer?

2 Likes

Was over at my neighbors house today
He is a chef . From the Midwest Chicago
I don’t know
First edition Anthony Bourdain Bone in the throat signed and kitchen Cofidenials Showed me the signature. Super .

3 Likes

Who’s got the power to play with the master headline banner? @sck? @hungryonion?

Instead of “Hungry Onion” it now says “Fully Satiated Onion” and (smaller print, hard to read) “No need to discuss anymore”.

I’m hoping it’s just a temporary 2nd of April joke rather than an impending shutdown or some such…

1 Like
4 Likes

So it was to be the final step of getting the license. To hand over the certified copies of the documents. I prepared them, checked them, and handed them over. They checked them and accepted.
At 7.10pm I get a call, "your national ID copy is not ‘true copy’ certified!
I must go there tomorrow.:sweat_smile: It never ends.

4 Likes

:woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes