February 2024 COTM - Voting

We had just 3 selections get over two nominations, so all of those will be up for a vote. Our top nominee was ETHIOPIA, by Yohanis Gebreyesus, with 4 nominations. VEGETABLE REVELATIONS by Steven Satterfield had 3 nominations. Also with 3 was MICHAEL SOLOMONOV MONTH, which would include Zahav and Israeli Soul (and if you want to cook from Federal Donuts, I’m not going to stop you). The links lead to the EYB index for each book, so check out the recipe lists and see what appeals.

To vote, click on the knife-and-fork icon to the lower right of the comment below that corresponds to your choice. You may vote for only one selection. If you wish to change your vote, click the icon again to “unlike” the comment, then click your new choice. If it is too late to unlike the post, make a note of your change in the comments, putting your new choice in ALL CAPS, so I see it. Please vote with the intention of cooking along and reporting should your selection become our COTM.

Please do not reply to the voting comments. It separates them and makes it harder for folks to see the options. If you wish to discuss the books, reply directly to this post.

Voting will close on Saturday, Jan 27, at 10am EST. A reporting thread will go up on Feb 1.

For a list of all our previous selections, visit the COTM archive. All threads remain open for new reports. And there is still plenty of time to join in on our January COTM, From the Oven to the Table.

1 Like

To vote for ETHIOPIA, click the knife-and-fork icon at the lower right of this comment.

2 Likes

To vote for VEGETABLE REVELATIONS, click the knife-and-fork icon at the lower right of this comment.

To vote for MICHAEL SOLOMONOV MONTH (Zahav, Israeli Soul, Federal Donuts), click the knife-and-fork icon to the lower right of this comment.

1 Like

Have to confess I know nothing about any of the nominated cookbooks, but I do know Federal Donuts is currently $2.99 on Kindle in the US.

I’d cook from any of them, but my library doesn’t have Vegetable Revelations in ebook form.

It would be nice to finally cook from Ethiopia, which I’ve had for ages.

1 Like

I would be happy to cook from all three. I voted for Ethiopia because I’ve been proposing it since back in the Chowhound days.

Yes, I might refrain from voting so the Ethiopia nominators can finally have it as COTM. They’ve earned it with their patience. I could also cook Ethiopian alongside from my own recipe collections just for fun.

1 Like

I’ll hold my vote since I have been very spotty lately, but mostly because I could easily and happily cook from all three of these selections.

1 Like

Ethiopia ebook is on sale for 3.99 / US kindle

1 Like

Voting is closed. We’ll be headed to ETHIOPIA in February! A reporting thread will go up on the 1st.

1 Like

Reporting thread:

1 Like