Fall 2019 (Oct-Dec) Cuisine of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

Today is the last full day of summer, so it’s time to take nominations for this fall’s Cuisine of the Quarter! I am looking forward to cooler temps, handmade sweaters and hearty braises. What cuisine would you like to explore as the weather turns colder? Please nominate in ALL CAPS below. I’ll leave this thread open until Friday, Sept 27 for suggestions.

1 Like

Here is the master list of what we have focused on in past quarters:

1 Like

Thank you for linking that!

1 Like

From my phone, I saw this thread when it was new. Once opened, the thread just vanished, only found it with search. Very weird.

1 Like

ITALIAN cuisine

2 Likes

ITALIAN … I second this suggestion.

My 2nd suggestion would be of course: REGIONAL SPANISH …

We had Spanish cuisine in 2017.

1 Like

I’m quite disappointed barely to have cooked from Thai, which I was so excited about.
:unamused:

Same here, summer and vacation made it difficult. I try to look up some trip photos of Thailand a few years ago and try to see the possibility to cook some dishes I loved there. Need to do some serious shopping.

MEXICAN cuisine

(Couldn’t post reply using just the one word. Once I mimicked Naf and added the word cuisine, the post was accepted…?)

1 Like

CORSICAN cuisine

1 Like

Curious what people would think about an extension… Thai for another quarter?

I personally think those who want to continue Thai can continue to contribute to the Thai thread. At least it is my intention to cook beyond September. But I don’t see a lot of us get very interested, don’t know it is due to time or just the cuisine doesn’t appeal.

2 Likes

From my perspective, Thai often requires a trip to the store. I can finesse many cuisines with my pantry spices, oils and sauces. But invariably there are one or two ingredients in a Thai recipe that cause me to either hesitate or substitute. Not good. When I DO have it all on hand, Thai is a delicious choice.

2 Likes

The voting thread is up! Fall 2019 (Oct-Dec) Cuisine of the Quarter - VOTING

1 Like