Early 2024 Baking COTM Nominations

Welcome to the nominating thread for our next BCOTM. What books would you like to bake from together for the next few months?

You many nominate as many books as you wish. In order to nominate, please put the name of the book in ALL CAPS in the comments below. Only titles in all caps will be counted as nominations. (If you’re discussing a book, but not nominating, please use regular capitalization for clarity.) Please nominate with the intention of joining us in cooking from the book and reporting on the di your bakes, should your nominee be selected.

Nominations will end TUESDAY, JANUARY 9 at 11 PM GMT/7 PM EDT/4 PM PDT

Here are the books we’ve previously done (keep on adding to them with your baking experiences!):

Baking With Dorie
Snackable Bakes
Gateau
One Tin Bakes
Sarah Kieffer’s Blog and Books

2 Likes

Question for my fellow bakers: Should we keep on with three four-month selections in 2024, or switch to four (three-month) quarters? (For context, the four-month division originated because we started BCOTM here at HO in May 2022, with eight months left in the year.)

I think it makes sense to only do 3 a year, since there isn’t tons of participation.

4 Likes

SCANDINAVIAN FROM SCRATCH Nichole Accettola

1 Like

SWEET ENOUGH is a sentence.

LOVE IS A PINK CAKE Claire Ptak

BAKE SMART Samantha Seneviratne

1 Like

Here’s a few biscuit books, motivated by my own self-interest:

STILL WE RISE, by Erika Council. There is a discussion here on HO of an error in the Butter Swim Biscuit recipe in this book, so in general, I think the book should be approached with caution (lots of interesting biscuits in it, however).

SOUTHERN BISCUITS, by Nathalie Dupree. Currently free on Kindle Unlimited.

1 Like

ah, i was going to nominate Still we Rise!

Too early/soon for SNACKING BAKES?

1 Like

I think 3 a year is enough

2 Likes

MOMOFUKU MILK BAR (Tosi)
ALL ABOUT CAKE (Tosi)
BOUCHON BAKERY (Keller)

This is a complete sentence.

I remember that correction for the Butter Swim biscuit recipe, after it was tested by Washington Post food section, I believe…something about the shape and size of the baking vessel?

I have never voted in for a Baking COTM since I don’t bake that often.

I would like to try STILL WE RISE.

1 Like

SCANDINAVIAN FROM SCRATCH
SNACKING BAKES by Yossy Arefi

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Maybe,but its a great baking book.

1 Like

My library doesn’t have it, but I might be talked into SCANDINAVIAN FROM SCRATCH

Its a toss-up between the 2 for me.

1 Like

Going to nominate some older books so I can bake along if chosen. Have other nominees on hold but a long wait.
BAKING WITH JULIA
BREAKING BREADS
HONEY AND CO BAKING BOOK (maybe different name in US?)
MOONCAKES AND MILK BREAD

The US edition of Honey & Co Baking Book is called Golden: Sweet & Savory Baked Delights from the Ovens of London’s Honey & Co.