David Lebovitz recipes

I recommend these 3:

5 Likes

These are two of his recipes that I make regularly

4 Likes

Thank you very much for starting this topic. David Lebovitz is my most used recipe source for both sweet and savory.

When he threatened to stop posting sweet recipes due to complaints about too much sugar I panicked. I told all my friends and posted on Chowhound to ask people to beg him to keep posting sweet recipes. For the record, his recipes are never too sweet.

I made a spreadsheet of the recipes of his I’ve made. It’s over sixty so I won’t be listing all of them here. Some regulars in our house:

6 Likes

His is my go-to pasta dough recipe (half semolina, half AP flour).

4 Likes

I suggest a side-by-side tasting of this DL recipe and that of Pierre Herme as shared by Dorie Greenspan. We find the latter incomparable. YMMV.

2 Likes

If you have a fig tree. I do and I make this.

2 Likes

Lebovitz’s recipe calls for Meyer lemons. Not only do I prefer Meyer lemons to regular lemons for lemon curd; I have a Meyer lemon tree.

2 Likes

Could not agree more! We have three.

1 Like

I made this pistachio aillade recently. Wow, it was fantastic. I ate it with crackers.

5 Likes

It’s not as common a usage but his website was a godsend to me when I was trying to figure out ingredients and equivalents between French and American ingredients.

1 Like

My husband has always had a very negative reaction to the word ‘pudding’. Not sure why but more for me. Made this chocolate pudding the other day. He had 2! :joy:.
Excellent. The caramelized nibs were a
Delicious topping.

9 Likes

I needed that sun dried tomato pesto, thank you for putting it here!

1 Like

I use his savory recipes as a reference and have repeated eggplant dips, carnitas, harissa chicken, taziki, sardine spread, salmon rilletes, dandelion pesto and mint zhoug. Check out these categories:

Love his turnip pickles!

3 Likes
1 Like

I love his ‘faux gras’ makes great sandwiches.

2 Likes

This one?

1 Like

Yes that’s it. :yum:

1 Like