CABBAGE! Your favorite recipes?

These cabbage dolmeh/rolls filled with split peas, basmati, ground beef,prunes, herbs and spices look good

2 Likes

This caught my eye.

Stir-fried with bacon.

Wow… long thread. Don’t do a lot of cabbage, but this is my absolute fav recipe that uses it (although not a lot):

https://scottinpollock.us/salad.html

I’ve made this, it was a lot of work but very tasty

1 Like

https://www.chabad.org/recipes/recipe_cdo/aid/4351296/jewish/Hungarian-Cabbage-Noodles.htm

1 Like

Sichuan Charred Cabbage with Black Vinegar ( 手撕白菜)
Kerala Style Cabbage Thoran with Green Chili and Coconut
Southern Fried Cabbage

1 Like

Tell me about the Kerala style. Sounds exciting.

Pretty simple really. It is a “dum” recipe meaning that it covered and sort of steams in its own juice till it is fairly dry(no sauce).
Heat Coconut oil over medium heat in a Kadai
Add black mustard seeds. After they begin to pop, add the green chilies, and curry leaves. Add turmeric and shallot in rapid secession. (do not burn!)
Sauté till shallots are softened but not browned
Add chopped cabbage and shredded coconut stir and cover
Reduce heat and cook till tender and liquid is gone.
Finish with a drizzle of raw coconut oil
You can also add dry red chilis after the mustard seeds

You can also do this with other vegetables.

3 Likes

This is an everyday kind of veg dish. Cabbage is a favourite, also other veggies like green beans.

1 Like

I don’t know if you’re into BBQ, Saregama; and this isn’t the healthiest thing to do, but when I smoke meats, Like to core some cabbage heads, and put a half stick of butter into each cored cabbage, foil it and let it smoke with the meats. Unreal when it comes out.

I like Sunshine’s idea for a more practical twist. I replace noodles in soups with cabbage ribbons.

3 Likes
1 Like

This is close, but no smoked mozz.

1 Like

This slaw recipe is delicious. I add a little buttermilk and scallions.

2 Likes

oooh Love this idea. Do you smoke it w/ the core side up to prevent the butter from leaking? Do you place it directly onto the grill rack?

Just a simple stir fry (with carrots).

Sometimes, Occam was right. Actually, most times I think he was right.

4 Likes

Sounds like a film from the French New Wave.

2 Likes