Breakfast sandwiches, egg on a roll, etc.

We make a “Portuguese Egg McMuffin” using a Portuguese sweet English muffin, griddled linguicia sausage, fried egg and American cheese.

3 Likes

Way up this thread, @billstewart mentioned burritos. While I love egg/sausage McMuffin type creations, my favorite “hold in your hand” breakfast is a burrito (flour tortilla, scrambled eggs, cheese, sausage/chorizo, hash browns, avocado, and salsa - and the salsa is king here).

But my favorite breakfast sandwich of all time (which you can’t really hold in your hand) is the Monte Christo (ham, smoked turkey, cheese, on brioche bread, butter fried in an egg batter, with maple syrup). Yum!

3 Likes

Funny, I’m not a big fan of ketchup–there are very few foods I find it enhances. But fore come reason scrapple demands ketchup. I have a fresh package of Habbersetts in the fridge so now I think I know what tomorrow’s breakfast will be.

4 Likes

It’s because it will always taste better if someone else makes it.

Well, except homemade egg McMuffins. I find them to be perfection even if it’s more work than buying them.

2 Likes

Right. I don’t even like ketchup on fries, but it just works really well in breakfast sandwiches.

2 Likes

Try HP sauce (House of Parliament) or A1 on a breakfast sandwich!

The Brits serve HP with their fry-ups and it’s great on butties and breakfast sandwiches.

2 Likes

I’m glad that ypu added the caption that looks like a pretzel bun otherwise and not Brioche.

1 Like

Oh Yes Pacific Beach(kind of desolate area) many times — one time the best meal was from a food counter in the back of the local gas station !!

I am currently in NJ, here the big deal breakfast sandwich is pork roll ( Taylor ham) egg cheese on a roll plus salt, pepper & ketchup. I don’t get the attraction I prefer bacon.
Me I’m still a NY’er at heart it’s either a bagel ( never toasted) & a schmear of cream cheese.
Or on a splurge add nova lox, good tomato & an onion nothing better IMO

1 Like

I’m kinda with you on the pork roll egg and cheese, while I certainly won’t refuse one, it’s not my go-to breakfast sandwich. I’m a sausage, egg and cheese kind of guy. I prefer mine on an everything bagel.

God forbid you serve me the above with a sausage link cut in half on a sandwich. That’s about my only breakfast pet peeve, if a place does that I don’t want to eat there!

2 Likes

A couple miles down the road from Pacific Beach (well maybe 5 miles), they built this Disney-fied town with some condos and some restaurants. They put a lot of money in it and are thinking that they can create culture and atmosphere by building it all at once. I don’t know about that, but they have a pretty spot on the beach and we were grateful to have at least some restaurants to take out from rather than driving all the way to Ocean Shores which is a haul from PB.

I love pork roll. but it needs to be cooked until it has crispy edges which is rarely thee case in most breakfast joints

3 Likes

Emmer Bakery’s sausage, cheddar and egg muffin in Toronto

6 Likes

You were my inspiration @Phoenikia !

6 Likes

Ahem! “Your Mission, should you choose to undertake it…”

2 Likes

I do a faux but-better McMuffin . . .

Bob Evans roll sausage - I slice, schnitzel, par-fry the entire roll & freeze - 3 mins in microwave on power 3 gets them ready, while meanwhile,

toast the English muffin
pan fry an egg (using egg ring…) puncture the yolk as the white sets, flip to finish…
hit the sausage for 10 secs on high to sizzle…

assemble sausage patty + egg + sliced cheese… 10 seconds in m/w to soften cheese, all done

with the sausage ‘pre-done’ this is roughly 10 minutes “I want” to “soup’s on”
and it’s seriously better than anything from under a heat lamp…

8 Likes

I just make those biscuits in a tube then top with butter. egg (beat then nuked for 43 seconds), ham on bottom and cheese on top of egg, right when it’s out of the microwave. The custodians at school love 'em.

5 Likes
2 Likes

The Farmhouse Special at HoopHouse in Bordentown. Sorry - no pic but its killer.

2 Likes

Fried egg, cheddar/ gruyere/ Boursin , and chile crisp on toasted whole wheat bread has become my go-to lately.

4 Likes