Breakfast sandwiches, egg on a roll, etc.

What coast has no tourist structure?
I wanna go there!
:cowboy_hat_face: :wink:

That’s a typical price in the pacific northwest for a bona fide bakery. $5 is pricey but it has ham and cheese inside. A plain croissant might be on the order of $3-4 per.

Have you been to the small towns surrounding Ocean Shores on the WA pacific coast? We spent a weekend at Pacific Beach last month. There were about 4 tiny run down establishments to serve tourists within a 3 mile radius.

1 Like

That’s why we always turn inland at Astoria :slight_smile:

The ultimate breakfast sandwich for me is a bagel ( never toasted) smoked salmon ( Lox in NYC) and cream cheese.
If I’m feeling fancy a good slice of Bermuda Onion & a slice of tomato, never lettuce.

3 Likes

Never toasted. I am partial to a sesame seed bagel and capers with the lox, cream cheese, tomato and onion (but prefer red). Also in the no lettuce camp…

1 Like

I’ve never heard of having lettuce on a bagel with lox - sacrilege!
I was once present at a local House of Bagels when someone ordered a bagel with lox and alfalfa sprouts. The look the counter guy gave him was the epitome of “if looks could kill” - hilarious. Needless to say, there were no sprouts on that sandwich.

4 Likes

Same, minus the tomato - the texture blends with the lox too much.

3 Likes

I love Nova and a shmear on a sesame or poppyseed bagel, but I also love the Chub Chub.
This is from a spot in TO, realize Russ & Daughters Café and other places have similar blinged out bagelwiches.

9 Likes

I would eat that in a heartbeat!!

1 Like

I want one now!!!

2 Likes

I agree - has to be just the right tomato. Also has to be the right bagel.

2 Likes

You’re killing me.

2 Likes

Cacio e Pepe egg in a hole / toad in a hole.
https://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/cacio-e-pepe-egg-in-a-hole-recipe/

Italian Breakfast sandwich inspiration from Ciao Gloria in Brooklyn

1 Like

Is Dempster a Canadian brand?
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a recipe for something most of us learned to make at 5 or so.
Pretty funny :joy:

1 Like

Yep, Dempster’s is a Canadian brand. It’s in most grocery stores, pre-sliced, about 10 different whole grain varieties. Maybe $3.50 Cdn/ loaf.

I don’t even know any bread brands in the States, other than Wonderbread and King’s Hawaiian!

1 Like

Bread is fairly regional in the US.
There are national brands liscened to regional bakeries but I don’t think any are shipped cross country.
I could be wrong but I think that’s a pretty good summation of the supply line.
I see a new thread :relaxed:

3 Likes

Dempster’s is probably mostly an Ontario brand. I haven’t checked the bread aisle in other provinces recently. I can’t remember what bread I bought when I lived in Alberta.

1 Like

Another Philly girl voting for scrapple on my breakfast sandwich - no ketchup for me though…

3 Likes