I’m a self-professed cookbook collector and every year I’m bound to purchase a half dozen or so cookbooks. I’m curious what new cookbooks you’ve bought this year that you’re enjoying. It doesn’t have to be cookbooks released this year, but ideally they would be recently published cookbooks.
Here’s some that I’ve acquired this year:
- Mastering the Art of Japanese Home Cooking, Masaharu Morimoto - I love his other book so much, I had to have this one.
- Vibrant India: Fresh Vegetarian Recipes from Bangalore to Brooklyn, Chitra Agrawal - Haven’t cooked from this one yet, but looks promising. I love Indian and vegetarian.
- The Dumpling Galaxy Cookbook, Helen You - I made the best homemade dumplings of my life with this book.
- The Adventures of Fat Rice: Recipes from the Chicago Restaurant Inspired by Macau, Abraham Conlon - The cover was awesome and few cookbooks on Macanese food, so I had to have it.
- The Banh Mi Handbook: Recipes for Crazy-Delicious Vietnamese Sandwiches, Andrea Nguyen - To brush up on making this iconic sandwich plus she puts out quality cookbooks.
- In My Kitchen: A Collection of New and Favorite Vegetarian Recipes, Deborah Madison - I couldn’t miss this one from the legend. I always refer to her cookbooks when I don’t know how to cook a vegetable.
- The Pho Cookbook: Easy to Adventurous Recipes for Vietnam’s Favorite Soup and Noodles, Andrea Nguyen - Um, I love pho.
- Vegan Cheese: Simple, Delicious Plant-Based Recipes, Jules Aron - I love the challenge of making plant based foods taste good, so this was an interesting cookbook.
Can’t wait to hear what you have!