All the things you do with beets

Lately, I have been using the container of beet powder we bought for smoothies for lattes.

1 Like

Oh my!

1 Like

First time terrine.

A salad seems easier and better.

2 Likes

I think it’d be great smeared on crackers or crostini.

1 Like

Okay, this one isn’t nearly as interesting as your terrine & @Rooster’s dark choco roasted beet ice cream… oh my. But I decided to just add the beets right into the pot of beet greens w/carrots, bacon, chopped carrot leaves, etc. and make a soup.

It felt healthy.

5 Likes

What’s the pink filling on this terrine?

I guess I’m boring. I only use beets in salads or with a light vinaigrette dressing.

1 Like

Everything from every recipe.

Kidding, sort of. What I can remember is some salt and pepper, some chopped parsley, thyme, a few basil leaves, and some chopped garlic scapes, and in one layer I put some chopped cashews. The pink was bleeding from the beets.

I think the beets were too big, maybe a pound each. They weren’t woody, but they didn’t taste like much. I roasted them.

Makes sense. It looks like frosting! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wait, I thought the filling was a cheese product turned pink from the beets. That’s why crackers seemed the most logical edible vehicle for it.

1 Like

Okay, thinking about what is a cheese product. This was made from goat cheese and a bunch of things.

One recipe said heat it. Didn’t do that. One said whip it. Whipped it but not real good. One added cream. Did that.

Definitely pink from beets.

1 Like

I love to buy beets and the greens never go to waste. They are as enjoyable as the beet

2 Likes

Is a cheese product. :slightly_smiling_face: I was reading your answer to @kobuta about what the “pink filling” is and you didn’t list cheese. So I got confused, but the world is right again. Crackers!

1 Like

Ah! I see. I was posting to a few threads, and lost track.

It’s soooooo hot here!

1 Like

I saw that. Strange, here in in La La Land it’s only low 70’s. It’s actually hotter in Boston. :upside_down_face:

Is that inland or coastal? May has been pretty good until the last few days. It’s 101 here right now.

Was speaking of beet green recently. Pairs well with fish

6 Likes

This fish is gorgeously cooked.

Bookmark.

1 Like

Looks great @Rooster & have saved. Also love hummus with beets.

I was looking for a way to use up the bottle of pomm molasses…