Winter 2020 (Jan-Mar) Cuisine of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

I can hardly believe it is that time again, but this quarter is drawing to a close, and it’s time to choose our next Cuisine of the Quarter for Winter 2020! I’m looking forward to rib-sticking braises and warm spices, and I’m eager to see what you HOs would like to explore this season. Please post your nominations in ALL CAPS below. I’ll leave nominations open until next Monday. Thanks HOs!

Need a cuisine that doesn’t base a lot on summer vegetables, I suggest CHINESE. :smiley:

1 Like

FRENCH, re rib-sticking braises and warm spices

1 Like

Winter French cuisine, you need to eat mountain food…

1 Like

Think of that pot of beans on the hearth while the Mistral blows…

1 Like

I am kinda with Pilgrim…beans, legumes…stews.

Funny, I think the political/social situation will influence my vote for this quarter. :stuck_out_tongue:

How about Boston Baked Beans? Cassoulet? Frijoles Blanca or Roja? Lentils Moroccan style?

Okay. How about NORDIC? Lands of perpetual winter?

1 Like

In short, we vote a cuisine, everybody interested participates, cooks and shares during 3 months.

What we have cooked so far:

For the history, you can read here, we used to have dish of the month, but too few participation and we stopped. :frowning:

1 Like

Even better, we descend from the mountain to a bonfire cooking reindeer. :rofl:

Actually, I was talking about the strike in transport that will block me to go to food shopping. Of course, for me French is the easiest if it continues in January and beyond.

1 Like

Provençal French is my 1st Choice.

My 2nd choice would be Aegean Greek Regional …

1 Like

It’s not about a product, that would be dish of the month, which unfortunately stopped due to the lack of participation. Cuisine can be a region or a specific cooking style.

1 Like

From briny oysters to furry mountain cheeses, I like it.

1 Like

Mexican.

1 Like

Georgian

2 Likes

I’d love Scandinavian.

I imagine this was requested to make scanning for nominations more foolproof. But FWIW non-compliance might possibly mean that your nomination gets overlooked. Just a thought…

It was, but I noticed there are a few in lower case - I’ll be on the lookout!

1 Like