What's your Home kitchen knife batterie?

Same with cased Italian sausage in a red sauce. The only other common use that comes to mind for me is when making meatball subs. I bake the meatballs whole and want the juices to go into that sauce as well, but prefer meatball halves on the sandwich itself, so after they’ve simmered a while I use the shears in the pot.

If you have to cook sitting down, you should have some one help you fit out an ADA compliant kitchen.

2 Likes

I accidentally made some rather flat and elongated meatballs once when they got too much panade. They nestled into a sub roll so nicely it is now SOP. The recipe was boned chicken, sweated onion, and spices into the FP and then add egg and panade. So easy and so good. I used nutmeg, allspice, fennel, and pepper. The subs had sharp provolone on top.

(post deleted by author)

You p

You pressed too fast

Enough about the knives my eye is on the ruler!

1 Like

According to the girls that was my nickname in high school. They were bullies.

I’ll try to clean it up.

3 Likes

My peninsula doesn’t have chairs - but we’ve got the same pot racks. This is from Thanksgiving a few years ago, right before guests arrive. The turkey is about to be placed on the sacrificial sheet pan. You can barely see my knives. It’s my old stove. Smashed garlic potatoes in the crock pot. They will disappear.

Yes, those are Tiki glasses …:joy:

I will add that I always keep wooden cutting boards next to the stove. As trivets. It’s an old habit from my Formica countertop days.

1 Like

Lovely. I used to do the same trivet trick. About six years ago we had a water damaged induced remodeling, and we got soapstone. We love it. BTW, great lamp.

That lamp was from my old living room. Don’t even mention water damage… there isn’t an inch of my place that has been spared over the years from various mishaps, none of which were my doing. . As a matter of fact, the travertine flooring in the kitchen and practically everywhere else was put in by a friend of mine who said, trust me, you’ll want this. My old wood flooring (called “floating lol) had been damaged and needed to ne replaced. Sure enough, just months after the travertine was installed, we had a massive event in the building - the water just roared in from the hall … so when the disaster recovery guys came in that night, they took a look at my floor and said, thank God. We can get this dried up right away. All you’ll need is to recaulk some baseboards. My countertops are silestone.

2 Likes

At least he has a chair he can sit on. Many lack sittable chairs.

And it must be a highchair to make all those knives behind the hotplates grababble.

2 Likes

Hi Meekah,

I don’t cook sitting down. I did design the experimental kitchen so one could adapt it for the handicapped, and tried to get a funded project to study the concept for a dissertation–but haven’t found funding or a doctoral student that was interested.

So what do you do with this chair?

Hi Meekah,

Not much. It’s foldable–and can be put away–but defines the focal point of the kitchen.

There are times I go into the kitchen just for joy and looking out–my displayed tools–especially ECI pots and pans–are a joy–and I look out on one side at rose bushes, the other at animals and nature.

1 Like

The new induction range complete with the travertine toe kick they managed to break during the install.

3 Likes

Very pretty.

2 Likes

Why, thank you! Sometimes I even cook on it!

1 Like

You likie? Westcott R590-12 flexible stainless steel cork-backed rulers. Got them from my first engineering job in the `90s.

Not sure how it happened that they weren’t returned to the company when I left… oops.

It’s what I used to make this jury-rigged knife holder.

Edit - I looked online and it appears Westcott still makes rulers, but it seems some time ago they sold the mark “R590-12” to a company called Alvin.

2 Likes